Ordered 'custom' Sweet Thunder mufflers today

383ss

I've heard a lot of good things about these mufflers. they flow about like a bullet, but are not supposed to have any drone, not as loud, but still a nice deep throaty sound. I looked at a LOT of mufflers and one thing I always hated was that the stock exhaust is 2.75" and there are almost no mufflers at this size. I know you could adapt a 2.5 or 3" but I'm lazy and want an easy install.

Sweet-thunder makes 2, 2 1/4, 2 1/2, and 3" according to their website. a quick call later and they are making me two 'custom' 2.75" with a 2.5" internal baffle. they will make them in any length, I'm getting 24". really didn't know what length to go with, just kind of a shot in the dark there.

now I just need a 2.75" X-pipe. anyone know anywhere to get one of those? maybe I'll just try to make one...

anyway, I should have them and installed in a week or so, assuming I can get an x-pipe somehow. should be a really nice sounding, well flowing, CHEAP exhaust. only $75 each for mufflers

I'm really exited to see the gains from it. my exhaust is completely stock and I have a decent 221/221 cam. I'm sure its being choked up pretty bad on the exhaust side. may put me in the 13's :cool:

I want to se someone try these on an SS.

I like the tips.

side_exit_kit_lrg.jpg

that is basically what I got. except they made th 2.75" size for me. was considering the tips also, and yes, they sell the tips seperately.

http://www.sweet-thunder.com/tips_mufflers_kits.htm

Our Kit Price: $180

1 Pair 24" Aluminized Chambered Mufflers and Tips

1 Pair - 24" Chambered Mufflers (aluminized) $126/pair

1 Pair - Stainless Steel polished tips $85/pair

Complete 24" Pair Chambered Mufflers and Tips $180 (Save $31.00)

I'm just debating dumping before the rear axle or not...

• 1 month later...

Archived