Noise when shifting

So while I was having the speedo replaced and the cladding on the door re-attached I asked the dealer to check out the loud clicking I was hearing when shifting from drive to reverse and back. Three days later he tells me that the driveline is bottomed out against the t-case. Wouldn't I hear that when going over bumps? Anyone else had a similar experience? Is the dealer full of ish?

I haven't crawled under it yet to access the situation.

If it is just noise shifting from park to drive and back, I wouldn't sweat it. Nearly every vehicle I have owned does this. As long as it isn't doing it while going through the gears while driving, IMO it seems about par for many automatics.

If it is just noise shifting from park to drive and back, I wouldn't sweat it.  Nearly every vehicle I have owned does this.  As long as it isn't doing it while going through the gears while driving, IMO it seems about par for many automatics.

with all the back lash in the trans, tcase, frount/rear diffs, i'm surprised it's not worse than it is :sigh:

:seeya:

I realize that there are alot of moving parts involved in shifting, it just seemed louder than it used to be. I was also curious about the service bulletin regarding the yoke, and thought maybe the dealership would address that. Oh well, no worries.

Thanks to all for the peace of mind!

Archived