Need Help with tuning!!!!!!

Texans03SS

:( Can someone please help me with tuning my truck. I bought a HP Tuner for my 03 Silverado SS. I can't figure out how to tune the truck with that program. I bought the programmer with a 1 bar speed density tune for a supercharger i am about to put on my truck. I have long tube headers and custom exhaust with cutouts. I also have a cold air intake but am fixin to put the Vortech supercharger meant for the Silverado SS. Can anyone help I am extremely lost. :dunno:

:( Can someone please help me with tuning my truck. I bought a HP Tuner for my 03 Silverado SS. I can't figure out how to tune the truck with that program. I bought the programmer with a 1 bar speed density tune for a supercharger i am about to put on my truck. I have long tube headers and custom exhaust with cutouts. I also have a cold air intake but am fixin to put the Vortech supercharger meant for the Silverado SS. Can anyone help I am extremely lost.  :dunno:

So, you haven't installed the supercharger yet, correct?

If not, what you'll want to do is a speed density tune to get your VE table (fueling) set up for the mods you currently have, as headers may impact it quite a bit. Once you have the VE good, you may or may not need to tweak your MAF calibration as well.

You can play around with the timing, making small changes at a time and going off of a g-tech or SOTP meter, but the only way to really get a good part throttle timing table set up is to dyno tune it.

If you're really interested in learning, check out the classes offered by Ben Strader at http://www.efi101.com/ You'll learn how an EFI system does what it does, and how to tune using that knowledge. I sat in on the second day of one of those classes, and it seemed like a lot of good info.

Check this link out to follow some tuning guides centered around HPT:

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=346549

There is probably tunes out there to get you started also. They will still need some work, but may give you a head start. If you don't have some of the basics you can go to the hpt, ls1tech.com, performancetrucks.net to read up, just to pick a few.

Some of it will blow you away. Go to the threads that talk of first things to do or getting started.

I started a thread here a while back asking if we could get one of those type here. Many thought it was a good idea, but the guys in the know have yet to start it. Maybe one day.

Archived