PLEASE HELP!!!!!

kowboy

Hey guys. First off, I'm a total newb when it comes to pcm tuning, etc., but a couple of months ago I bought a pcmforless pcm ('03 SSS). It was GREAT! I had to do the relearn deal, but it wasn't too hard. Anyway, I'm trading my truck in tomorrow, and i installed the factory PCM back where it belongs. It started right up with no problems, but the idle is extremely low (like 300-400 rpm). So everytime i come to a stop, it wants to stall on me. Usually it stays on unless I have to brake hard. Or if i turn slowly, it def. stalls out. Also, when i put it in reverse, it stalls.

Should i have done something to it when i re-installed the stock pcm? Maybe the relearn, again? I dunno. I definitely could use some help, if anyone has ever had this problem or might know what's going on. If I could just turn the "idle screw" like an old school carburetor, I'd be in business. If I can't figure it out, I'll have to put the pcmforless back in I guess.

If it helps, all i had was a k&n filter, and i removed that at the same time. If the box for the air filter isn't on properly, could that be the cause? Thanx in advance!

Well guys. Thanks for your help. I tried everything you all suggested, and it STILL idled low. I had to make the trade TODAY, to avoid paying this month's note on the SSS, AND the new truck. Sooooo......I traded it in with the pcmforless AND the k&n (the new owner will have a little surprise! :D ) It's cool though, I've been blessed lately, so what the hell?

FWIW, the pcmforless REALLY made a difference with my truck along with just the k&n filter. More than I expected. I emailed Bryan to see about at least sending me my core charge for the stock one. It's been a couple of months since i bought the new one, so we'll see. He seems like a stand-up guy.

You guys have been a HUGE help, from the buying process and all the way to the end. I can't imagine NOT at least lurking here still, but without my SSS, it seems weird, ya know? Keep up the good work with this site, and everyone stay safe. Peace Out!

Archived