First Official STS.com meet/show & shine/cruise

One last bump for the slackers!  :thumbs:

I'll be sure to take a few pics for yawl.

Late-  Alex

In typical SilveradoSS.com fashion everyone that said they were interested in coming... isn't. Sent PM's to them and all of them replied last night with some excuse or another. At least you and me will be there. :cheers:

See you later today man.

BTW: No offense you you guys who canceled... I'm sure you have your reasons, but at this point I'm giving up on planning events anymore. Of all the sites that I post up meets, shows, gatherings, etc this site has the least amount of enthusiasm for anything. :sigh:

You should have called me at 7:53am instead of writing this message I probably would have gone.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dylano4SS = Quitter

first he quit his original member name

next he quit doing girly signature pics

then he quit do SS video part 2

then he quit being an empty nester

then he quit being an SSS owner

and now he is quiting as sss.com event coordinator.

soon ..... you are going to quit ..... being my hero ....... :tear:

j/k :D ..... I don't know why that is funny but it is ....

One last bump for the slackers!  :thumbs:

I'll be sure to take a few pics for yawl.

Late-  Alex

In typical SilveradoSS.com fashion everyone that said they were interested in coming... isn't. Sent PM's to them and all of them replied last night with some excuse or another. At least you and me will be there. :cheers:

See you later today man.

BTW: No offense you you guys who canceled... I'm sure you have your reasons, but at this point I'm giving up on planning events anymore. Of all the sites that I post up meets, shows, gatherings, etc this site has the least amount of enthusiasm for anything. :sigh:

Personally I dont know about the other guys, but I think that my excuse (leaking tranny fluid from tranny cooler) is good enough. My tranny fluid was well below were it should have been after driving it yesterday. Im not gonna risk dammaging my truck for a meet, especially when I have about $2500 into the tranny. :dunno: Just my opinion.

I would have liked to have come, but sometimes theres a price to pay for spending almost 10 grand in performance mods. Especially when your making changes to it constantly. Common man, lighten up a little. :cheers:

Meet was cool and the gang! :thumbs:

Got to meet alot of cool people and saw some bad @$$ trucks. I think I took like 2 pics the whole time because the wife and I were helping out with the BBQ. After everyone ate, there was the awards and raffle. I bought 20 tickets and won some Flitz. It's some type of polishing creme or something like that.

The spot was perfect! Perfectly clear, you could see all the way to Catalina Island. The road right in front of the park was perfect for the bagged crew, couple guys dragged right in front of us.

The cruise after was cool as well. We cruised down the coast. It was a crazy site seeing about 35-40 nice @$$ trucks cruising in a line.

Good times! :cheers:

Late- Alex

Meet was cool and the gang!  :thumbs:

Got to meet alot of cool people and saw some bad @$$ trucks. I think I took like 2 pics the whole time because the wife and I were helping out with the BBQ. After everyone ate, there was the awards and raffle. I bought 20 tickets and won some Flitz. It's some type of polishing creme or something like that.

The spot was perfect! Perfectly clear, you could see all the way to Catalina Island. The road right in front of the park was perfect for the bagged crew, couple guys dragged right in front of us.

The cruise after was cool as well. We cruised down the coast. It was a crazy site seeing about 35-40 nice @$$ trucks cruising in a line.

Good times!  :cheers:

Late-  Alex

for sure, it was alot of fun. and I am not 100% sure but I think those were the Channel Islands not Catalina. Catalina is a bit farther. Either way it was great getting to meet you and you other guys that showed up. I should have some pics ready in a bit in addition to the ones Chachi will have on his site.

I would have liked to have come, but sometimes theres a price to pay for spending almost 10 grand in performance mods.  Especially when your making changes to it constantly.  Common man, lighten up a little. :cheers:

Like I said... I'm sure you have your reasons... and I can understand not wanting to push your luck limping 60+ miles each way on a leaky tranny... I wouldn't have. I'm not blaming anyone here, especially you Adam.

Its just that I've tried, as a member of this site, for a long time to get the SS guys organized and out to events... but 9 times out of 10 I get a bunch of last minute cancelations or no shows.

It falls right in with the 2nd SS video project... I shouldn't have to beg you guys to support the hobby by sending some video. But b/c no one seems to have the same amount of enthusiasm about it as I do that was killed too.

This was the first STS meet... it wasn't organized any differently than any other meet. It didn't really feature anything that previous meets haven't. The difference is that there is enthusiasm about the hobby from other sites that I just don't see here anymore. We had trucks drive in from over 400 miles away to be a part of this... over 40 trucks showed up... more than 80 people...

The second I see that kind of passion on this site I'll be more involved, but for now I'm just done. I still love all you guys, but I'm sick of being the 'site cheerleader' when no one seems interested anyways.

EDIT: and on that happy note I'd like to say the meet was a HUGE success... thanks again for all your help Alex, we would've starved without you man.

Great location, great trucks, great people, great time IMO. :cheers:

Finish that keg?  :cheers:

Should have taken that 12 pack of BL from me. It's just sitting in my cooler as we speak.

Oh well, next time!

Late-  Alex

haha, no I still have a little left in that keg. It is sitting in the refrigerator here. and I dont even think I will get a chance to finish it before it goes flat... gotta head to work in a few. what a shame...

Archived