Newbi saying hi with question.... and pics.

NastyOne

So heres the update on the Speedchips programmer....

The first program I did was a rush job. I didnt realy read what I was doing and rushed through the options only to find out that it made my truck way slower. The shift points were all messed up and I was pissed. So now that I have time I have reprogrammed the truck probably 10 different times and have done a shitload of "test runs". :driving: For starters a big problem was using the PERFORMANCE mode that requires you to use 91 octane or greater. I thought it would be cool because thats all I run anyhow. The problem is down here in SoCal our gas may as well be comming from f-ing Mexico. So even though its listed as 91 octane the reality is its more like 87 octane. If used in the PERFORMANCE mode the truck has a super bad pinging noise that is probably from the gas we run not being a high enough octane. So I reprogrammed with the 87 octane mode and set it up to match my 4:10 gears and 31" tire hight. The shift points I left at the SC recomended setting and firmed up the shifts 2 clicks above the SC recomended settings. So after all this the truck runs good and strong with a shift that puts you in the seat. (I know all you guys with superchargers are laughing at me right now) Anyhow I am happy with the SC programmer and thing it gave me exactly what I wanted.

On another note, two things I noticed while programming was the traction control is always off now and while the unit is plugged in and programming the control center in the truck reads "reduced engine power". I'm thinking about calling SC and seeing whats up with that.

Anyone else program the truck different than me?

:flag:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So heres the update on the Speedchips programmer....

The first program I did was a rush job. I didnt realy read what I was doing and rushed through the options only to find out that it made my truck way slower. The shift points were all messed up and I was pissed. So now that I have time I have reprogrammed the truck probably 10 different times and have done a shitload of "test runs".  :driving: For starters a big problem was using the PERFORMANCE mode that requires you to use 91 octane or greater. I thought it would be cool because thats all I run anyhow. The problem is down here in SoCal our gas may as well be comming from f-ing Mexico. So even though its listed as 91 octane the reality is its more like 87 octane. If used in the PERFORMANCE mode the truck has a super bad pinging noise that is probably from the gas we run not being a high enough octane. So I reprogrammed with the 87 octane mode and set it up to match my 4:10 gears and 31" tire hight. The shift points I left at the SC recomended setting and firmed up the shifts 2 clicks above the SC recomended settings. So after all this the truck runs good and strong with a shift that puts you in the seat. (I know all you guys with superchargers are laughing at me right now) Anyhow I am happy with the SC programmer and thing it gave me exactly what I wanted.

On another note, two things I noticed while programming was the traction control is always off now and while the unit is plugged in and programming the control center in the truck reads "reduced engine power". I'm thinking about calling SC and seeing whats up with that.

Anyone else program the truck different than me?

:flag:

I use HPTuners and when flashing the PCM all the gauges go to 0 and hear all kinds of clicking and other noises. it's normal.

Archived