10" Alpine Type X Sub

haul@ss

This may be a stupid question but is it possible to install one 10" Alpine Type X Sub under the rear seats? I know we can lift up the rear seats a little, but is it enough to make it fit? Will i need a totally custom box and will it be really expensive and worth the money? or am i better off getting another sub? I want both sq and some thump which is why i wanted this sub...

Ive noticed that many people have been staying away from the top of the line subs because of the mounting depth... I don't wanna go with the Type E, R, or S cause you can just get them from best buy now... :banghead:

SPECIFICATIONS:

* carbon fiber/aluminum honeycomb cone

* high-roll Santoprene rubber surround

* cast aluminum frame

* dual 4-ohm voice coils

* frequency response 24-200 Hz

* power range 500-1,000 watts RMS (500 watts per coil)

* peak power handling 3,000 watts

* sensitivity 81 dB

* top-mount depth 8-5/8"

* sealed box volume: 0.5-1.0 cubic feet

* ported box volume: 0.6-1.5 cubic feet

* 1 Year Indo Audio Electronics Warranty

TIA :chevy:

around how much do you think a box like this should cost just for one 10"? nothing too fancy... Im gonna call around but i just wanna make sure i'm not gonna get screwed over too much haha

Mine was fiberglass and had something like 3 days into it. It was built a bit small then fiber fill was added and then I covered it in carpet. I would have to say around 3 or 4 hundred dollars. Unless you know someone. 6.0ss is selling all his equipment, that is something maybe you should look into.

Fiberglass work isnt cheap, because it is so time consuming.

Archived