Does anyone elses truck "whine"?

NastyOne

I'm talking about that distinct sound your truk makes when it is whippled/supercharged. Ya you guys know the one! The problem is my truck isnt supercharged! When I drive lets say under 20mph my truck sounds like its gear driven. Its loud enough that even my friends ask me if I have a supercharger. Does anyone else hear the same thing? :confused:

Oh I have no motor mods....

i have heard it on mine occasionally after a longer drive at higher speeds, then when i get into town or something and slow it down i have that whine for a little. I believe mine isnt coming from the engine though, more like behind the dash possibly but it hasnt done it for a while so i'm not sure

Yep Mines the P/S pump. I have needed to take it in for this and a couple other things but about the time I get around to it it stops whining...

JOSH

P/S PUMP ON MINE,, DEALER REPLACED IT,, SO FAR IT'S THE ONLY THING THEY'VE DONE RIGHT ,, AND I HAD TO INSIST THAT THEY LOOK AT THE PUMP

i have heard it on mine occasionally after a longer drive at higher speeds, then when i get into town or something and slow it down i have that whine for a little.  I believe mine isnt coming from the engine though, more like behind the dash possibly but it hasnt done it for a while so i'm not sure

IF U HEAR A NOISE AROUND YOUR DASH OR IF IT'S DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF YOU, IT MIGHT BE THE TACH. THERE IS A TSB ON IT

i have heard it on mine occasionally after a longer drive at higher speeds, then when i get into town or something and slow it down i have that whine for a little.  I believe mine isnt coming from the engine though, more like behind the dash possibly but it hasnt done it for a while so i'm not sure

IF U HEAR A NOISE AROUND YOUR DASH OR IF IT'S DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF YOU, IT MIGHT BE THE TACH. THERE IS A TSB ON IT

what is a TSB???

Yep Mines the P/S pump. I have needed to take it in for this and a couple other things but about the time I get around to it it stops whining...

JOSH

P/S PUMP ON MINE,, DEALER REPLACED IT,, SO FAR IT'S THE ONLY THING THEY'VE DONE RIGHT ,, AND I HAD TO INSIST THAT THEY LOOK AT THE PUMP

Whats with the yelling??? :dunno:

JOSH

what is a TSB???

technical service bulletin,, if it's the tach, they have to fix it, it's like a re-call , but they won't tell you about it, u have to look for it, I have a subscription to alldata all tsb's are listed there along with re-calls

Archived