big problems

so i took my truck to my local gm dealer to get my tranny looked at because it was not shifting from first and when it was it wasn't shifting till like 40 mph. I brought it in, the tranny guy there put it on the lift. He pulled the pan off and 3rd gear and alot of other stuff was laying in the bottom of my tranny. It is all gonna be waranteed. Thank god. any thoughts on why it would do this.

so i took my truck to my local gm dealer to get my tranny looked at because it was not shifting from first and when it was it wasn't shifting till like 40 mph.  I brought it in, the tranny guy there put it on the lift.  He pulled the pan off and 3rd gear and alot of other stuff was laying in the bottom of my tranny.  It is all gonna be waranteed.  Thank god.  any thoughts on why it would do this.

Hmm VORTECH springs to mind.... they're going to go ahead and warranty that even with your S/C?

Mr. P.

WOW i cant believe you found a place to fix that for you. I was already told they wouldnt fix anything else on my truck after they fixed my steering shaft and test drove it. The service manager said the truck shifted extremely hard and would soon fall apart. When it does, we wont fix it is what he said. Meaning my shift kit was a bit obvious....Im far from supercharged!

benkey/zippy put together a list of hard parts that go inside, do a search-better yet call the trans man himself, I know he will be able to give you a list or help source them.

it was too technical for me to keep up with w/o any power adders to help break my trans... :banghead:

wow, i wish i knew of a dealer that was cool enough to do stuff like that...  :crackup:

times are-a-slow at dealers right now... were warrantying everything under the sun it seems...

yeah times are slow as hell. i am also now a tech for the general and times couldnt be more slow. Work goes so slow when your bored, but hey it gives me more time to be on the site!

They got my truck all put back together and took it for a test drive. The truck upshifts fine when you accelerate, but if you want to downshift, it doesn't want to go into gear :mad: . So the mechanic is gonna rip it apart and try to figure out what is going wrong. :banghead:

Archived