Fuel Pump Needed?

foxySS

All SSs have the LQ9. 

Yes, you should plan on putting a higher volume pump in.  Not just because of the 44lb injectors, but for the s-chgr.

One thing I noticed while ordering my new PCM tonight though. It said (PCMforLess ordering page) do not alter or change factory fuel pump. :confused: It would make sense to change it but I wonder if I could get away without it? It's weird too- You would think that a GM dealership installing the SC (to keep the factory warranty) would have done that too.

All SSs have the LQ9. 

Yes, you should plan on putting a higher volume pump in.  Not just because of the 44lb injectors, but for the s-chgr.

One thing I noticed while ordering my new PCM tonight though. It said (PCMforLess ordering page) do not alter or change factory fuel pump. :confused: It would make sense to change it but I wonder if I could get away without it? It's weird too- You would think that a GM dealership installing the SC (to keep the factory warranty) would have done that too.

You should give Brian a call about the pcm. As for up grading the fuel pump you will need to at least put a inline pump on. You will be starving the engine with a stock pump.

Archived