**WARNING** CHP on the loose

Dylan06SS

I got this information sent to me by 2 different cops that I know, so its on the up and up... and as many of you know its not hard to get pulled over in most of Orange County... now it looks like it'll happen on the freeways too:

California Highway Patrol will launch a 30-day speeding ticket frenzy

in South Orange County starting January 25, 2006. The state estimates

that 22 million dollars will be generated in speeding tickets. 3 million

will go to pay California Highway Patrol officer overtime. There will be 90

California Highway Patrol officers on duty at all times patrolling the

8 freeways.

They are the following: 73, 55, 133, 241, 57, 5, 405, 605 freeways.

Now 7 mph above the limit can justify a ticket and every California

Highway Patrol officers is supposed to pull a car over and write a

ticket every 10 minutes if possible.

They have issued 50 brand new unmarked Crown Victoria cruisers and

they are bringing all their part timers on full time. If you live or work

in South Orange County you must take one of their freeways. It's up to

you how fast you are doing when they do. This is a test by the CHP to

raise the extra funds for the State of California. The wealthy folks of

South Orange County can afford this new tax. The California State

Legislators dreamed up this law to help close the budget gap.

sorry guys.. it's another net rumor speed trap rumor...snopes

I thought the funniest part was where it said "Now 7 mph above the limit can justify a ticket" they can write you a ticket for 1 mph over if they really want to. I've been told by a couple friends that are cops they usually won't write anything less than 10 over unless someone is really being an ass.

Well here's something real for you Arizona guys. Scottsdale has decided to use cameras on the freeways to catch speeders now. No more using them just for people who run red lights, but they're using them to snap a picture of your license plate and send your butt a ticket if you're speeding.

Cameras on Loop 101 get state approval 

From Staff Reports

December 22, 2005

Scottsdale’s freeway photo enforcement program cleared the final hurdle Wednesday as the state granted a building permit to allow installation of camera equipment on an eight-mile stretch of Loop 101.

Work is scheduled to begin today on the freeway as Scottsdale has scheduled to launch a nine-month test early next year.

Scottsdale’s program is thought to be the first of its kind in the United States, in which speeders on a freeway will be ticketed using fixed cameras.

Equipment is to be placed along the the Pima Freeway segment of Loop 101 between the Scottsdale Road and 90th Street exits. Starting Jan. 9, violators are expected receive a warning in the mail, with actual citations sent to those caught after Feb. 9. Tickets will be issued for drivers traveling 11 mph or more over the limit.

Due to delays in securing the building permit, issued by the Arizona Department of Transportation, those dates may be moved back a few days, said Mike Phillips, a Scottsdale spokesman.

Two signs, each 5-by-16 feet, are to be constructed first at the entrances of the test area to alert motorists that cameras are monitoring speed. A typical speeding citation fine is $157.

The city has already committed to spend roughly $600,000 to launch the test, but costs are expected to be offset by citation revenue.

I just got nailed for speeding on the 90 Marina Fwy in So Cal by the CHP tonight. I was merging onto the 90W from the 405S interchage when I jumped on it. Then as I looked way over in the driver side mirror to get over, I saw what looked like Crown-Vic headlights in the #1 lane (it was dark out). Or could they be a Mustang? :jester: Nope, then he got behind me and it was all over :mad: He paced me at 86 in a 55, but wrote me for 65.

My recent schedule of events:

Receive Radix/Dynas from UPS Thurs

Install everything by Sat night

Clean up loose ends Sunday and drive truck easy to make sure all is well

Start getting a little more comfortable with the power and get 1st ticket Monday :cry:

And if that wasn't enough to cool my jets, my dad was in the truck and said only 10 monutes prior "I'll give it a week and you're gonna get busted" :sigh:

Archived