sad note

Ldogss

I drive a 6-speed C5 convertable in the summer and my SS is my daily driver... Im 16. Not 1 violation in 2 years. I take driving for what it is... DRIVING... Nothin more. i dont talk to friends and all that other junk. Im really into cars. I feel safer when i was drivin 160 mph this summer in a 55 than when i drive in heavy traffic in this town. It is the type of person that is a  bad driver, not the age in my oppinion.

Boy, you got some learnin' to do.

:withstupid::uhoh:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That just goes to show young people should not be allowed to drive high powered vehicles till they have alot more driving experience. I feel for her parents but they should not have let her drive it. I hear of similar accidents all the time. it is sad

Not really appropriate for this post.... :confused: ..... What good does it do now to critisize her parants and give your thoughts on their mistakes and there decisions, you didnt know this girl you were not there.....I know 19 year olds that could drive anyone on this board underneath the table......sorry to hear about the loss , damn.....my best freind died last year with his girlfreind in an 02 chevy ext cab from hydro plaining, the LAST THING I would want to here at that point was for some guy telling me that his parants were at fault for letting him drive the truck....I pray her parents arent on this board as well

JK

p.s. I HAD AN SS WHEN I WAS 17, I WAS ONE OF THE FIRST 50 PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD TO EVEN GET AN SS.....ONLY WRECK I HAD WAS HITTING A DEER, COMPLETELY OUT OF MY CONTROL....WHEN I WAS 19.....FYI, NOW IM 20

That just goes to show young people should not be allowed to drive high powered vehicles till they have alot more driving experience. I feel for her parents but they should not have let her drive it. I hear of similar accidents all the time. it is sad

Not really appropriate for this post.... :confused: ..... What good does it do now to critisize her parants and give your thoughts on their mistakes and there decisions, you didnt know this girl you were not there.....I know 19 year olds that could drive anyone on this board underneath the table......sorry to hear about the loss , damn.....my best freind died last year with his girlfreind in an 02 chevy ext cab from hydro plaining, the LAST THING I would want to here at that point was for some guy telling me that his parants were at fault for letting him drive the truck....I pray her parents arent on this board as well

JK

p.s. I HAD AN SS WHEN I WAS 17, I WAS ONE OF THE FIRST 50 PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD TO EVEN GET AN SS.....ONLY WRECK I HAD WAS HITTING A DEER, COMPLETELY OUT OF MY CONTROL....WHEN I WAS 19.....FYI, NOW IM 20

Yes it is appropriate. She should not have been driving that type of vehicle, If you read the article it stated she was speeding (which means she was driving beyond her ability) and she was not wearing her seatbelt. She was not responseable enough to drive a vehicle of that kind. So yes it does fall on the parents. I'm sorry for their lose. You are 20, good maybe you will smart enough to make it longer in life. Yes I have done some dumb things when i was younger, who hasn't. So you say you know a 19yr old who can drive anyone under the table here :icon_bs: He maybe a good driver but you have no idea what anybody else here driving ability is. I've been driving with a licence for 17yrs and driving off road vehicles before that, Ive done my share of racing too, now I know I'm not the worlds best driver but I'm smart enough to know when to say when.

As for the kid who drives the vette and an SS, you think you feel safer driving at a 160 than 55, you have alot of growing up to do. You should NOT be driving any more than a Kia.

any vehicle can be drivin beyond its limits by anyone...age dosent alsways determine skill level...and as far as her parents iam sure everyone in here has had there parents tell them stuff ...like wearing a seatbelt but you still dont listen or take it off as soon as you get around the corner...half of the time i still dont wear mine...and my girl keeps telling me too

JK

Yes it is appropriate. She should not have been driving that type of vehicle, If you read the article it stated she was speeding (which means she was driving beyond her ability) and she was not wearing her seatbelt. She was not responseable enough to drive a vehicle of that kind. So yes it does fall on the parents. I'm sorry for their lose. You are 20, good maybe you will smart enough to make it longer in life. Yes I have done some dumb things when i was younger, who hasn't. So you say you know a 19yr old who can drive anyone under the table here :icon_bs: He maybe a good driver but you have no idea what anybody else here driving ability is. I've been driving with a licence for 17yrs and driving off road vehicles before that, Ive done my share of racing too, now I know I'm not the worlds best driver but I'm smart enough to know when to say when.

As for the kid who drives the vette and an SS, you think you feel safer driving at a 160 than 55, you have alot of growing up to do. You should NOT be driving any more than a Kia.

For one....lets pretend AGE is of no relevance, because we are on the INTERNET here....and lets look at your post for just a sec, calm down and type...jeeze, I can barely understand what you are trying to say in 50% of your post....You have to add an "S" or "ES" to make things plural. And what is this ?

" You are 20, good maybe you will smart enough to make it longer "

That makes no sense? And This ?

"what anybody else here driving ability is." ----- :sigh:

I get what you are trying to say....but you have your words backwards, forwards, upside down and back side ****ed.....and as far as the rest of your post and the meaning of it...YOU ARE OUT OF LINE AND THE POST WAS INAPPROPRIATE.....So what she was speeding? Have you never driven over the speed limit yourself? She was unlucky, you have no facts on whether she was a bad driver, do you have her driving record ? But even that is illrelavent....the fact is, she is dead...we dont need you on here preaching what her PARENTS did wrong, nor that she was not old enough herself to be driving that powerful of a vehicle ? Are you being serious, its an SS...its not a C6 or a Farrari, are you saying that whatever speed she was traveling, if she HAD been driving a 4 cyl BEETLE that she would have been going slower ? Or even driving a civic, scion, passat, or a damn Cement Truck...she still would have been speeding, what would make her go any slower or the out come any different just because she was in an SS ? In my mind, it was a full size truck and a very good choice for safety, as far as her parents go....you cannot honestly sit there and tell me she would not of been speeding if she was in a four cylinder honda.....can you ? Nope

JK

...Try irrelavant [sic]. ...

Personally I hate the word irrelevant, I say "not relevant" in conversation.

I value DirtySSouth's opinion even though I may not agree at times, and take offense to your open threat (re "Be carefull what you say"). And as much as I appreciate polished grammar I understand that taking issue with others' spelling is just going to lead to a difficult time participating on the global Internet.

I also fail to see how you stated your objection above - you made it obvious that you have one, but what is your position here, I would like to hear it. If you think that someone is stupid, just stand up and say why; quit trying to paint the opponent as having a flawed/faulty character by attacking their education.

Mr. P.

iam with DirtySS on that

Im really not trying to make enemies or make poeple mad...I just got angry because I felt like someone was taking someones death, and giving a purpose as to why it happened and their opinion on what could have been done to prevent it, when I neither believed in his opinion nor thought the opinion was appropriate....but thats that, I wont say anything more on the subject, no hard feelings, late

JK

Hey guys hasn't this gotten a little stupid?

Come on this basically was brought up to get you all to bow your heads for an SS Driver no matter who it was.. that has passed on. Put all your judgements aside and just take a moment and reflect on that.

Life is too damn short no matter what age you are. You could be 19 and get hit by a friggin bus.

Come on guys.

I'm sure that everyone here feels compelled to rid the world of reckless and careless drivers. But standing on a soap box and making driver age the focal point is only serves to use teens as an easy scapegoat.

To my observation I see two kinds of offensive drivers, reckless drivers and careless drivers, and each type requires a different kind of correction. Careless drivers need to be educated on improving their core driving habits and skills; reckless drivers need education on risk assesment and personal responsibility.

I have said earlier that I am a *huge* believer in professional driver's training at a closed track (Bondurant et al) and here's a great example of a program that works, a 20% drop in teen driving accidents and deaths was seen in one year: http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_..._28/ai_59621281

Mr. P.

EDIT - and I am in no way implying that the misfortunate 19 yr-old first mentioned was either careless or reckless; none of us knows the whole story.

CHEVYSSCHEV8.1 said it best. Our prayers should be with her family and friends!!I ve been involved first hand in sooo many of these things and it s the hardest thing for a parent to loose a child no matter how it happens.

Archived