Well, it finally happened to me :(

ThePDB

Unfortunately it's a part of life.  I'm glad I have underground parking spot at work, takes away some worries.  Good luck in gettign that repaired.  Maybe its time for a rollpan?

I'm thinking about that. Now that you mentioned it I'm gonna see if I can dig up some pics from other members... I know dylan has one.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife back my SS into a small ditch a few months back...I needed just a new bumper cover (red), and luckily found one on the site.

Anyway, I still have the old one...it's MUCH more repairable than yours, if your interested...and you could have it for cheap.

[ EDIT: Cut and pasted my post into your "Want to buy" post, PDB... ]

- Brian

one word, BOONEDOCKS! I hike to school all the time... otherwise someone will fling their door into the side or cut their corner short... I learned this crap the hard way, thats what dodge's are for... :mad:  sorry to see that kind of shit happen to the great fella's on this site man! :mad:

I get to park in a pretty good spot at work. Everyone that parks around me knows how picky I am, besides, I know just about everyone's car here, so I'd know who's ass to kick. :crackup:

That does suck that people have to be like that. I don't get it.

I just found the post here about your bumper. I see we cant't save the cover but if you need someone to straigthen out the bed let me know. I am sure my cousin can do it and do it for a decent deal. As far as the cover maybe look into just getting a new one if you can't find used. Hit me up on Aim later tonight when I get home

RevRaceWorks

Ok here is what I found out today. I took it to a GM dealer and basically what they told me was there's about a day's worth of work. All in all the estimate came to $1,487 and some change. I was amazed. I didn't think it was that bad... then again almost 1100 of it was just GM parts. The guy at the dealership told me that all the parts he quoted were brand new GM parts. He also said that sometimes insurance companies will try to find cheaper salvaged parts in order to save money. I talked with my insurance guy tonight and basically told him there is no way in hell I'm putting anything other than new GM parts!

Also, the guy at the dealership told me a sad story. Outside there was a black TBSS. Someone rear ended the guy with 300 miles on it. Over $15,000.00 in damage!!!!! If I was the owner of that TBSS I'd be pissed! It's like having a brand new TBSS that isn't quite so brand new anymore. I thought it was kinda sad. They did a great job on it though. I guess all in all I don't have THAT much to complain about. Yeah, I'm pissed I'm out the $250.00 deductible... but atleast I'm getting all new parts. The only place they will have to do any body work is invisible when the bumper is in place. Just thought I would let everyone know what I found out.

Sorry to hear man, I'm sure you will be happier once things are all fixed up. I had someone get the back end of my car a couple summers ago, was parked on a corner. Unfortunately I have no idea who hit me and no note was left, the damage is still there because I can't afford to get it fixed.

Sorry to hear man, I'm sure you will be happier once things are all fixed up.  I had someone get the back end of my car a couple summers ago, was parked on a corner.  Unfortunately I have no idea who hit me and no note was left, the damage is still there because I can't afford to get it fixed.

it's funny, you can barely tell that theres any damage from straight on. It looks really bad from above looking down (which is the angle I took the pic) but I still self consciously know when I'm driving that the back end of the truck is all messed up and I'm pretty sure till it's fixed (and probably even after) it's STILL going to upset me. I understand that people make mistakes... that's fine. But to just put it in drive and take off is BS. It's soooo frustrating because I wanna know who did it, not that it would matter, but some part of me feels like if I atleast knew who did it I'd feel better. I think it's the fact that nothing is stopping it from happening again, and that it could happen 10 times worse that really bothers me. I worry too much about the truck as it is and now with this it just fuels the fire :sigh:

Well, just a lil update. I had my insurance company adjuster come out and look at it today. He came up with more like $2,230.00 worth of damage. Apparently under and behind the bumper looks worse and it aslo pushed the driver side fender into the tailgate. There is damage on the edge of the tailgate too :( All in all it still only costs me the 250.00 but it's sad. I baby this truck like crazy and some jackass backs into me and takes off. GRR

• 2 weeks later...

Just a lil update... it's been 10 days now since I took the truck in. Everything is done except for 1 small part... I'm still waiting for a BUMPER. The excuse the body shop manager told me was that GM had some mix up with their parts and send the wrong bumper in the right box with the right labels on it. Supposedly all the other 37 bumpers they had were wrong too. I'm screwed until they get a bumper... :shakehead:

By chance is your insurance rates going to increase cause of this? Looks like i may be making a claim for my sub frame and the bumpers if i cant get the work done cheap enough. My rear bumper was a hit and run and my sub frame was from running over something in the road. i havent called my insurance yet but just wanted to see what happened when you put the claim in. Thanks

By chance is your insurance rates going to increase cause of this?  Looks like i may be making a claim for my sub frame and the bumpers if i cant get the work done cheap enough.  My rear bumper was a hit and run and my sub frame was from running over something in the road.  i havent called my insurance yet but just wanted to see what happened when you put the claim in.  Thanks

My agent said they wont go up. I haven't made a claim in like 10 years... I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. It seems like everytime I get on here there is someone else that has damage from a hit and run. It's rediculous!!! I'd get an estimate and see what your insurance company says. Like I said so far... my damage is up to 2200. My deductible is only 250. It would be hard to find the work done cheap enough to not use the insurance company. (in my case)

I hate insurance companies though!!! Insurance sucks, you pay for it hoping you'll never have to use it. The minute you get rid of it, no matter how long you've had coverage, you'll end up having a claim. It never fails.

At first I was pissed everytime I looked at my bumper messed up... now I'm even more pissed because I don't have any truck to look at at all!

my bumper has been shot for about a year, its not real bad but does need replaced but after my mishap on Monday, if i need to get a new sub frame which may happen then everything on my truck is getting fixed. I have never made a claim before and that is why i asked about premuims, especially cause in 4 months my insurance rates will drop a ton cause i turn 25. never had anything previous to this before so i'm a little shakey to report it unless i really need to. Our insurance guy is a good friend of the family as well but his son is a dick and screwed things up for my bro a while ago when his father said it would be fine. I cant beive your total was that much for the damage. Did you take it to a GM dealer to get appraised or a collision place? If i need a new sub frame thats only $1500, I sure hope there isnt more hidden to my bumper that can really bring the total up.

Archived