long tubes

elitesurfer50

hey guys im sorry i know this is probly a question asked everyday.. but what r ur opions on lon tubes.. also if i got soemthing without cats would it matter... or should i just go dynatech? im really asking is the needed extra 500 bucks for the dynatechs worth it.. will my stock cats run as suficant? thanks

andrew

hey guys im sorry i know this is probly a question asked everyday.. but what r ur opions on lon tubes.. also if i got soemthing without cats would it matter... or should i just go dynatech? im really asking is the needed extra 500 bucks for the dynatechs worth it.. will my stock cats run as suficant? thanks

andrew

Dynatechs are great if you can afford them.

ASM are what I have and they are also great imo, a bit cheaper than the dynatechs.

Pacesetter has some new headers out and seem to be cheaper yet, also great headers from the feedback here on the boards. Dont bother with shortie headers, waste of $ . The stock cats on our trucks flow quite well. I dont think you'll see any major hp difference with high flow cats. Hope this helps.

Personally, after installing a set of Pacesetter headers and seeing the quality I would go with them. You can't beat what you get for what you pay.

I paid just a little over $800 for set of ceramic coated ASMs. You can get a set of ceramic coated L/T Pacesetter headers for a little over half that. It wouldn't be a hard decision for me and if they had been available 2yrs ago I would have started with them.

Those look nice.  They are mid-length, correct?

Yes, mids.............

You should see a very nice gain with those.

Might I suggest some of these:

Bolts

They should keep them locked down. Very common to have to constantly check/re-tighten header bolts. Just got mine today and will put on tomorrow. I will let you know if the threads match with no problems. Locking mechanism is pretty cool.

Archived