Here's for all you pic junkies

daym that looks nice! How much did the whole rim/tire package cost ya?

Thanks, I'm glad you like them. The tires were a lucky strike on eBay, $575 (they're normally $1080). The rims are a different story; they were priced at $3400/set when introduced, but to me what they cost no longer matters because of the story behind them. I called Center Line a month ago and asked if they still made Stingray II rims as I have seen them advertised on several internet sites and really had my heart decided on a set. Nicole told me that the company had dropped the rim from the catalog as they never sold *any* Stingray II wheels at all, the product was a complete flop and they only had the ONE 20" x 8.5" wheel in the back room which had initially been produced for the catalog photo. Well I guess I must have really hit it off with Nicole because she went back and convinced her dad to allow one-off production of three more to make a complete set just for me, with a promise that I send them print-worthy photos of the SS.

Mr. P. :)

That looks like a pretty big gap between the tire and the fender lip. Are those 20's or 22's, I forgot?

Late-  Alex

They're 20s, and the tires are overall 1.5" shorter than the stock Goodyears which is why I decided to go ahead and lower it. So yes there is a lot more gap than what you see with a typical McGaughy's drop, mine to the untrained eye looks more like a regular truck but 3" shorter in the front, 4.25" shorter in the rear, and less rake. I'll try to get some good side-on shots at work tomorrow.

edit - I like the gap because the clearance from above the tire (to the body) is the same as the clearance to the front of the tire and the rear of the tire, both front and rear.

You need some tire dressing on those dull looking tires......

Yeah, the whole truck needs detailing BAAAAD, that's the reason there are only two pics. You can tell in the front fender photo my truck is right now a swirl mark poster child, the body shop eff'd it up real bad with the buffer, that's why it's such a milky/dull looking black rather than a charcoal. It needs to go back to the body shop this week, then the dealer for warranty replacement of both rear pop-out windows. THEN I'll be breaking out the buffer and chemicals :D

but they do look like this ( stingray    2    )

Stingray2.jpg

That wheel is the *same* wheel in my pic! :lol:

I guess I had the Stingray's mixed up. I only thought they ad the ones without the Gussets and the ones with the single gussett. The single gussett is the ones I was picturing. That is why the looked different. Either way...they look good!!

Tires - these babies STICK, the engine sounds now like the tranny is strangling it by the throat when grabbing second gear, there is no give in the tires at all!  I bought too wide a tire, next time I will stick with 285s; these have a 'squishy' turn-in response but that could also be the (mis)alignment so we'll see.  And the shorter overall height is AWESOME I LOVE it, the truck loves the added leverage  :D

Good to know. I've been thinking of going with 275/45/20's to drop the gear ratio down a bit more. Good to find out that I would avoid the squishy turn it feel as well. Lookin good P! :thumbs:

Archived