Do we have any UFC fans around here?

Lee

I was never into boxing - ever! Then about 10 years ago satellite television started having PPV Ultimate Fighting and it was a huge uproar around the country. Many states wouldn't even allow it to take place but it succeeded anyway. I did pay for one bout just to see what all the fuss as about. But at $40 something per showing I was not that big a fan at that price. Then Spike TV started airing UFC regularly about 4 or 5 months ago and now I'm a huge fan.

Anyone else follow UFC?

All the time.

My wife bugged my kid for a couple of months to go look for jobs, and see what he wanted to be, a carpenter, a lawyer....

He said he wanted to be an ultimate fighter....

:crackup:

I told him it doesn't pay well in the beginning.

:lol:

I think GSP is pretty good, and Rich Franklin too. The Hughes/Gracie fight should be interesting.

What the heck Nate Quarry was thinking taking on RF so soon I'll never understand. Those UFC 1/2/3 shows are entertaining though.

I followed it for the first 5-6 years then kind of lost track of it until about 3-4 years ago. I always liked the Shamrocks, Hughes, Tanner, Liddell, Couture and Franklin

got alot of my respect for beating Shamrock. I think Hughes will beat Gracie. He (Gracie) has no Gee to relie on and there are time limits which he always hated, not to mention that Hughes can take a beating and is strong as an ox. But I think this will be his (Hughes) toughest fight.

LOL - Yeah, Chuck is an animal. I think he's great. Likewise Matt Hughs and Rich Franklin. Always routing for those guys.

I'll have to admit that I like a lot of the guys - the ones I just mentioned plus George St. Pierre, David Louizo (sp?), Time Silva, Forest Griffin, Stephen Bonner. I think Silva is so "funny" when he fights. The way he walks and holds himself, he looks like a big lumbering drunk logger in some bar fight. So much for his "style." He literally kicks everyone a$$. It gets the job done and that's the bottom line in the UFC. I could not help but think about the pool fool who, not knowing who they are, makes this BIG mistake of picking a fight with one of these guys in some bar. Say, good night. :D

I dont watch it but I have hung out with "Nightmare" Dieago Sanchez one nite while I was in Alaska. I didn't know who he was at the time but he was cool. He is from you state Lee just not sure what part.

Archived