Throttle Body Volocity Stacks Do they work?

ssdealer

That was pretty much what I thought. It to me looks like it actually makes the tb smaller in diameter which would be a detriment to performance. When you say port and polish how much should I port? What would be an appropriate guidline to follow? Ive ported heads before and typically was able to use a gasket as a rough outline to follow. What would I use as a template for the tb? What type of performance gains would I see if performed correctly? Thanks for the info. :cheers:

On some applications a composite TB spacer will help (not on our trucks) due to separating the hot intake manifold from the TB. I know that I added a phenolic spacer in my plenum for my mustang and it helped keep the IAT's down a great deal.

I am with everyone else...waste of money for our application.

Whats involved in that ??

time ?  money ? gains ?

Thanks

When you say port and polish how much should I port? What would be an appropriate guidline to follow? Ive ported heads before and typically was able to use a gasket as a rough outline to follow. What would I use as a template for the tb? What type of performance gains would I see if performed correctly? Thanks for the info.  :cheers:

Here's my guide I started for the Drive By Wire throttle bodies here.

On some applications a composite TB spacer will help (not on our trucks) due to separating the hot intake manifold from the TB.  I know that I added a phenolic spacer in my plenum for my mustang and it helped keep the IAT's down a great deal.

I am with everyone else...waste of money for our application.

:confused: You do know that the Vara Ram velocity stack is not a throttle body spacer, right? It's basically a thin vacuum formed insert to smooth out the throttle body bore transitions...

:confused: You do know that the Vara Ram velocity stack is not a throttle body spacer, right? It's basically a thin vacuum formed insert to smooth out the throttle body bore transitions...

Do now. Yea, money better spent elsewhere. :cheers:

Archived