Exhaust Cutouts

crf250rider

I have flowmaster 40s on my truck and I'm looking for a louder sound. I was looking on the internet and found out about cutouts. I just wanted to see if you thought it is a good investment or buy a new exhaust. Here's a link to the cutouts:

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/store/...uct_detail&p=25

Stay away from the QTPs. I have heard many stories of them leaking. Supposedly one of the better out there are from URL=http://www.dmhperformance.com/ecutout.htm]DJM[/url] . There have been a few guys post on other sites that have had them for quite a while with no problem. Regardless of which way you go they both bolt up to the flow-tech cutouts. So you could go ahead and get them and decide on the electric switches later.

Stay away from the QTPs.  I have heard many stories of them leaking.  Supposedly one of the better out there are from URL=http://www.dmhperformance.com/ecutout.htm]DJM[/url] .  There have been a few guys post on other sites that have had them for quite a while with no problem.  Regardless of which way you go they both bolt up to the flow-tech cutouts.  So you could go ahead and get them and decide on the electric switches later.

I have the dmh cutouts, they are nice, but they still a leak a tad. Not much at all but they do leak. :dunno:

Good to know, Adam.  Guess I may stay with manuals.  I guess I'll suffer the cool points not being able to open them up at a redlight.

Personally I would do it all over again if I could, even with the slight leak. Actually I would probably look into those guillatine style e-cutouts that chase posted about a month back. :dunno: I dont think there's any real way those could leak. They are pretty pricey though.

Good to know, Adam.  Guess I may stay with manuals.  I guess I'll suffer the cool points not being able to open them up at a redlight.

Personally I would do it all over again if I could, even with the slight leak. Actually I would probably look into those guillatine style e-cutouts that chase posted about a month back. :dunno: I dont think there's any real way those could leak. They are pretty pricey though.

i wanna get cut outs...i loved the sound when i didnt have the muffler on....

like benny said the cool part is opening that badboy at a red light :devil:

At a red light. Shit.... I open up those bad boys every 10 seconds. :crackup: On startup, at red lights, on the freeway etc.

At a red light. Shit.... I open up those bad boys every 10 seconds. :crackup: On startup, at red lights, on the freeway etc.

:D i guess ill have to go outside and measure my turbo, i think its 4" but am probably wrong....

At a red light. Shit.... I open up those <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.qklinkserver.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=92&k=bad%20boys&st=1" onmouseover="window.status='Search for: bad boys'; self.ql_skeyphrase='bad%20boys'; if(window.event) self.ql_sevent=window.event.srcElement; self.ql_timeout = setTimeout('ql_doMouseOver(1)', 1000); self.ql_isOverLink=true; return true;" onclick="if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; ql_closeiframe(); self.ql_skeyphrase='bad%20boys'; window.status='Search for: bad boys';return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; setTimeout('ql_closeiframe()', 1500); ">bad boys</a> every 10 seconds. :crackup: On startup, at red lights, on the freeway etc.

:D i guess ill have to go outside and measure my turbo, i think its 4" but am probably wrong....

Dude with a 408, no cats and cutouts... Your truck will sound badass. To say the least.

Archived