need a help picking up parts

UAE1

guys,

my truck will arrive in 10-5-2006, my plans are going with the radix by winter time and mybe a heads and cam. am in the market for the bolt ons now; so please i need an answer:

1- what header to get ( long or short ) coated or no, and what brand to go with?

2- i was thinking of getting the volant air intake with the ss scoop, should i stay with that or is there any thing better?

3- any other things should i add in term of bolt ons?

i have to buy the parts asap so i can ship them with the truck in order to save the parts shipping money ( shipping the parts later will cost alot ), sorry for the long Q but a help a new SS owner :cheers:

For answer to #1, look below your thread - there are at least 3 threads on the same subject.

For #2, just stay with the Volant.

For #3, what do you want out of your truck? What are your goals?

thanks for the reply, future goals are running low 12s daily driver

Okay....NA or FI?

Ben, He said hes probably going with a Radix by Winter time this year...So im guessing FI...

UAE1 if your emissions laws allow for long tube headers, then head that route...Plenty of header topics in this forum for which ones to go with...Along with exhaust to complement the new set of heads...Supermaxx,ASM, and Pacesetters all come in longtube versions...and coated would be ideal if you have the $$ to do so

I would suggest a PCM upgrade from PCMFORLESS if you want something right now or EFILive/HPTuners depending on if you want to do the tuning yourself...

Im sure Ben, Zippy, and other guys will help you out a little more, since they are at the FI stage

thanks for the help, yes am planning on F/I route, but i dont want to waste time on wrong parts that wont get me to where i plan to go

my plan is:

1- full bolt ons by the time the car arrives.

2- cam and heads in few months.

3- radix or pro charger ( still searching more ) along with a full stand alone ECU ( 70% its going to be a Motec ), by winter time

4- rebuilt tranny ( when my tranny starts to slip).

the problem is that i have to search the parts am going need very carfull because of many other factors one and the most important for me is hot summer over here ( up to 45-48 c ), also that i need the car as a daily use car

If you just want 12s and you plan to go with a FI system, then do that, a stall converter, cam, and headers. That will score you low 12s possibly.

If you still plan on heads, not sure I would go with a Radix. The Radix will loose boost without much room to increase it back to where it was, depending on the head. Most say heads and FI you don't need to go big or expensive since you will be forcing air in. A stgII head should suffice, IMO. You'll still loose boost, but will make more power. A very high flowing head you'll make more power, but may kill boost potential for the Radix. Opinions may vary on that. Just know what I saw with a Radix and a stgII head. A stgIII head "may" not drop it that much, depends on other things, but I would guess a 1-2lb of drop.

benkey, as an ss owner who went n/a with a 410cc stroker, how is realibilty, power and cost with you?

Reliability - sort of remains to be seen. Haven't been in the 410 too long, but so far, so good.

Power - feels like more than my stock 6.0L and Radix, but that's just sotp.

Cost - if you mean fuel cost, if I stay moderate on acceleration I can get 13-15mpg and maybe 17-18hwy. If not, with many spurts of speed thrown in at most stops, maybe 11-12mpg.

Are you in UAE?

Archived