Fuel Mileage

bambino

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I have posted on this before but here goes. I have had my SSS for over a year now and have only changed the PCM with Bryan's help, Synthetic Fluids, and I actually added the Tornado fuel saver. I know I know I thought it was a gimic too but..........I get 16.9 MPG average. I live in the country in upstate NY never deal with traffic or speed limits. I wish I could give more details why mine is so high but IDK. :dunno:

@ 55 set to cruise I get 20-22 mpg

@ 65 set to cruise I get 18-19 "

@ 75 set to cruise I get 15-16 "

26,000 miles, PCM4Less performance tune, 91 octane, K&N FIPK, all synthetics

Around town I have a heavy foot getting only about 12-13 mpg (if im lucky)

I can avg around 16 or 17 on normal driving conditions, but that isn't often. God knows what my real mpg is. I didn't buy the SS for mpg so I don't worry about it. Of course I do wish I didn't have to pay so much for gas :banghead: My monthly gas bill would be a pretty decent car payment. :banghead::banghead:

I just came home from the farm after easter and I set the cruise at 108 km/hr or 67.5 mph and the truck was getting 17.8 mpg, using 87 octane too. Yes before you guys chime in and say there isn't a big difference in price from premium to regular, there is when farm fuel is 61.9 a litre vs. 108.9 a litre......

If you want better mileage, why don't you use the Imperial gallon like we do in Canada!!! 17.8 - is about 21.4 mpg.....

I can pull 18-19 average on the interstate at 70-72 MPH. With a good in town/highway mix I've been averaging 15.5 since the PCM4less reprogram, custom CAI, and ported/optimized throttle body. I still have the totally stock exhaust too. I can't wait to get the electric fans and custom exhaust on there! :cool:

I think I have posted on this before but here goes. I have had my SSS for over a year now and have only changed the PCM with Bryan's help, Synthetic Fluids, and I actually added the Tornado fuel saver. I know I know I thought it was a gimic too but..........I get 16.9 MPG average. I live in the country in upstate NY never deal with traffic or speed limits. I wish I could give more details why mine is so high but IDK. :dunno:

Just curious, how fast ya driving to get 16.9. If I could avoid a traffic light every block, my MPG would be much better. On a 45 mile trip, running around 70 MPH the other day, I got 18.2 average :eek: But this was cruising, little interuption or throttle stabs. Town: lately with my foot always into it, 12.2

Archived