2/2 BellTech Drop problems

jayster

did you get your old shocks back?if so hold on to them.I dropped my sub 5" and i still am using factory shocks the nitros rode to rough..been six months now and still going strong..

:withstupid: Not to put down Belltech's shocks (Eric) :D but I believe if there is nothing wrong with the way it rides then don't mess with it. The stock shocks have a lot more travel than you can even use there for your suspention will bottom out long before the shocks will. Maybe the ride is a bit better but I see nothing wrong with it. Although my ride did soften a bit in the rear after Line-x and a Gaylords cover. Maybe my buddy has a set of shocks for me :dunno:

I've got the same problem with my '05 SS Chevy. I've got the Beltech 2/2 drop. Shackles, shocks, and keys. I could tell my nice ride was gone as soon as I pulled out of the shop. And it rattles just like a loose spare. I've since bought McGaughey spindles to put on, buy I'd like to get ride of the rattle before I change anything else. Any help appreciated.

I've got the same problem with my '05 SS Chevy. I've got the Beltech 2/2 drop. Shackles, shocks, and keys. I could tell my nice ride was gone as soon as I pulled out of the shop. And it rattles just like a loose spare. I've since bought McGaughey spindles to put on, buy I'd like to get ride of the rattle before I change anything else. Any help appreciated.

First check for the obvious, if the ride is 'jarring' then you are probably riding on the rubber suspension overload snubbers; check to see if they were cut/shortened.

Mr. P.

• 2 weeks later...

We put the factory torsion keys back in and put the McGaughey 2"drop spindles on. And it rides great again. Looks great too. Did a good bolt check on the rear shackles and shocks and got rid of the rattle somehow. Couldn't be any happier with it. 2/2 drop and nice ride with the spindles instead of keys.

• 2 weeks later...
On some of the GM trucks there is a bed cross member directly above the stock shackle. When going to a drop shackle (which is actually longer) there may be interference between the end of the shackle and the cross member. I don't remember if this is the case on the SS but you may want to take a look there. If the shackle is hitting there just notch out enough of the cross member for it to clear. If you put on a shorter bump stop I suggest using our foam bump stop #4920 it's a lot softer than the normal short urethane bumps or you can trim the factory bumps.

just ordered the shocks and bumpstops, do you use the same bumpstops for the front also?

Archived