Just installed Peripheral Ipod2car.

It took me about an hour and a half from start to finish. Very easy installation. My stock head unit is a single CD with casett deck. No XM, no Onstar and no six disIk changer. My head unit had the plug in the back for the remote mounted AC Delco six disk changer that was never used and thats where the Ipod 2car plugged in. I used to have the FM thing that I thought sounded OK. After installing this thing today the difference is night and day. I cant believe I din't do this alot sooner. If any of you have any doubts about spending the money for one of these, let me be the first to tell you that it's worth every penny. I payed $200 for it at Best Buy because I just got gift certtificates for my birthday from my wifes family. You can probably get it much cheaper than that online. I'll play with it for about a week and report back on how everything is going.

I think alot of people that WANT to do this run into problems like wanting to keep XM and such. I rememeber that there was on kit that allowed us to keep XM, but read that it wasn't dependable.

Late- Alex

That's why I got my truck with no options at all. I think Onstar is a waste of money, Sat radio is not as good as I wood like it to be and didn't want the disk changer because I had the Ipod. I didn't even get the auto climate controle.

I used the same unit in my 06 w/Bose and xm-onstar, only gripe was whine in xm when the iPod was plugged in. I didn't extent the xm trial since I think it sucks compared to cds or iPods. I wish some sharp mfg company would come up with and iPod inerface that lets you control all of the interface from the stock radio controls. all I seem able to do is move backwards and forwards one song at a time. Still not sure of the math, between the iPod and interface I would have had a good start on an aftermarket sysytem.

Here is the update. Evereything worked great up untill four days after the install, when the battery in the truck went dead. I think the dead battery issue still exsists. All I did to correct the problem is that I installed a switch in the constent +12VDC wire and I just simply shut the thing off manually before I exit the truck. I will be contacting Peripheral this week some time about the issue. Other than that the thing works great. I'll give another update after talking to Peripheral.

Archived