flexable tranny lines

sad thing i did nothing. I plan on just cutting out the bad part and putting in some rubber hose in its place. its a temp fix untill i can actually get some where and put it on a lift and fix it right.

Use hot-oil hydraulic hose (available at any auto parts store), slip over the remaining steel line and use 2 screw/band clamps oriented 180-degrees to each other and that will prevent leaks. You can also unscrew the brass adapter fitting from the side of the tranny case and replace with a brass barbed-hose fitting (find at better hardware/plumbing stores), use a paste type of thread sealer when assembling to prevent leaks and be careful not to overtighten into the aluminum case.

Mr. P. :)

Well i Found out what the problem was.  the factory flare that goes into the tranny weakned and cracked.

thats what happened to me, I blame that lame connection w/that weak ass clip! I blew it off and fried the 3-4 bands. well that is all they(dealer) replaced :banghead: I wish I could have had it built and then put back, there is only one trans guru I know of :chevy:

Archived