Why are cops such douche weasels?

IMO, the reason cops pull people over for "tint" and other minor violations is to look for other suspicious things. You said earlier that your town has a big meth problem. By having to dark of tint is a good reason for a cop to pull you over and check you out if you are high or drunk. This may be a way to get some meth atticks off of the street.

You're absolutely right man. Cops find little things to pull people over for so they can check for bigger things. You are inconvenience by being stopped, sure. That in and of itself might make you a little upset. Ever had a cop pull you over and kind of have some sidebar conversation that isn't really relevant to you being pulled over? They're constantly watching you for your mannerisms and speech to see if you're drunk, high, or both. If you got an attitude sometime during the time he was talking to you and right before he handed you the ticket then you asked for it. He has the right at anytime to just let you be on your way. The best way to get out of it is be curteous whether or not you're pissed off.

You're absolutely right man.  Cops find little things to pull people over for so they can check for bigger things.  You are inconvenience by being stopped, sure.  That in and of itself might make you a little upset.  Ever had a cop pull you over and kind of have some sidebar conversation that isn't really relevant to you being pulled over?  They're constantly watching you for your mannerisms and speech to see if you're drunk, high, or both.  If you got an attitude sometime during the time he was talking to you and right before he handed you the ticket then you asked for it.  He has the right at anytime to just let you be on your way.  The best way to get out of it is be curteous whether or not you're pissed off.

Exactly - you're being "interviewed", and he is actually giving you the chance to get away with just a warning (in my experience).

You're absolutely right man.  Cops find little things to pull people over for so they can check for bigger things.  You are inconvenience by being stopped, sure.  That in and of itself might make you a little upset.  Ever had a cop pull you over and kind of have some sidebar conversation that isn't really relevant to you being pulled over?  They're constantly watching you for your mannerisms and speech to see if you're drunk, high, or both.  If you got an attitude sometime during the time he was talking to you and right before he handed you the ticket then you asked for it.  He has the right at anytime to just let you be on your way.  The best way to get out of it is be curteous whether or not you're pissed off.

Exactly - you're being "interviewed", and he is actually giving you the chance to get away with just a warning (in my experience).

I'm not gonna lie though. You will occasionally get those cops that no matter how nice you are you'll still get a ticket. Then some cute blonde you know will say "that same cop pulled me over yesterday and he let me off with a verbal warning." Women... :mad::jester:

I'm not gonna lie though. You will occasionally get those cops that no matter how nice you are you'll still get a ticket. Then some cute blonde you know will say "that same cop pulled me over yesterday and he let me off with a verbal warning." Women... :mad::jester:

:withstupid: I've known cops that would give their own mother a ticket. It was unfortunate that you may have ran into a zero tollerance cop.

:withstupid: 's

Nicely put guys.... summed it up just fine .... That is the way I operate. I get a simple m/v infraction. I am already thinking written warning, unless ... I see Drug/Contraband, Suspended / Revoked Registration or License, warrants, Alcohol/OUI... I personally am looking for the big stuff.

Last year I made just over 100 m/v stops. All had citations.... only about 15 were civil fines ($$$), and those were mostly for Seatbelt $25.00, since it won't affect your insurance...... The rest were either written warnings or arrests.....

And as said many times before ... There are some out there that are a little bit too ruthless when it comes to m/v stops ... To them it is life...

Ok, I am all cooled off now. I guess I was just really pissed...It was a really long day. The cop actually explained to me how to remove the tint since I told him I had it done(haha) I can install a supercharger but I can't figure out how to peel tint off...I played dumb which wasn't too hard for me. The tint place (which was in Kansas) actually told me it was legal, but oh well. $74 is not too bad...like you guys said it's just a "cool tax" kinda like the sin tax you pay on beer and smokes. I guess the best idea is to roll my windows down if I see a cop on the horizon. Later

Dave

Cops are people too; how would you like to be assigned duty on a Sunday?  Let alone Sunday on a holiday weekend?  Being assigned a night or holiday shift is being stuck on shit detail.

umm i dont know for sure but isnt that what they signed up for? its part of the job..they know when they apply at there station there gunna have shitty hours and yes work on holidays and be away from there families ITS PART OF THE JOB. they cant take out that aggression on civilians. :icon_bs: and plus thats why they get paid the BIG BUCKS! :jester:

oh and dont think your town is the only Meth infected state..cause here in Arkansas.....lets just say....its bad, real bad.

i have 5% window tint and ive been pulled over a few times and the cops here have never mentioned anything about it...although i do roll down BOTH windows before they come up to my truck. :thumbs: