Remote Start

brewz

I was wondering if any one here has a remote start installed on their truck, I would like one but I still would like to use the factory remote, I know it can be done my sister had one on her Avalanche. Any input? Thanks.

I was wondering if any one here has a remote start installed on their truck, I would like one but I still would like to use the factory remote, I know it can be done my sister had one on her Avalanche. Any input? Thanks.

yes it can be done, there is one problem, you will only have the range of your factory keyless, which is about 50 feet if you are lucky. imo I would ante up for an aftermarket piece and get up to 6000 feet of range and possible 2 way communication with your truck. If you still wanna stick with your factory remote, any reputable install shop can hook you up. let us know what you decide to do :cheers:

:withstupid:

Look at my sig for what I got installed. Two and a half years and still no problem. I paid $507 out the door installed. If you do it your self DEI says the life time warranty for the parts is VOID, unless a DEI certified installer does the work.

Astrostart makes some nice starters.

Not trying to highjack your post, but for those who live in the "warmer" southern states, do you use remote starters during real hot days to cool your vehicle down before you get in?

Astrostart makes some nice starters.

Not trying to highjack your post, but for those who live in the "warmer" southern states, do you use remote starters during real hot days to cool your vehicle down before you get in?

I always use the remote starter regardless of the weather. Its always good to warm up your truck before you go out.

Astrostart for sure. They have the furthest range and the most features. You can even have it set up so you can turn your heated seats on and off. I have one on my truck and love it. I can't remember what the range is but it's at least double everyone elses. But they aren't techincally approved by the FCC. I put in the 1105.

http://www.astroflex.com/index.php?module=CMS&id=15

Archived