FS: 280 Amp Alternator

6.0ss

You will want to use one of these.

PP2001PT.jpg

use one of the fused parts for an imput to the battery and use one of them as the output to your stereo.  That way you are not running anything through your restrictive factory wire.

I have 2 of these left for sale right now if you want one.  They make wire set ups so much easier!

ok, what is this thing? and what is it for?

well im nnot even hooking up a stereo, im just boosting all me leectronics. when my e fans kick in my voltage dies badly, plus i have alot of other electric things, im also about to add a air compressor.

well im nnot even hooking up a stereo, im just boosting all me leectronics. when my e fans kick in my voltage dies badly, plus i have alot of other electric things, im also about to add a air compressor.

Originaly that was my reason for doing it! My efans were killing my power on the stock alt... Then When I looked into doing a twin alternator set up from Ohio or Stinger they would not work with my radix... so i paid the cash to have this one built. It cost me around 850$ a year ago!

A compressor will pull some major amps too.. you will need to upgrade to something more than stock for sure.

Sorry I Missed Rockford, I was down In STL watching the Cubs beat up on the Cardinals. Go figure that one out. The cubs have been sucking ass and they won 2 out of 3 down there against a much better team...

Hope you guys had fun in rockford!

Joe

alright i pretty much know now that i need an alternator, so since i need this ASAP and Joe isnt around what brands do you guys recommend? Ive heard of powermaster. I was looking at getting the 200 amp one. Any other ones you can think of?

makani

i just through on a 200 amp one i bought from a member on perftrucks for 160 shipped, i have seen gm style ones that have been boosted to 200 amps on ebay for about 175. if you also search ebay for amputator you will come up with some good stuff built by dominique irraggi( known for powerful alternators in the sounds system circuit) they have a few to choose from, you will need a bigger belt on your rngine from switching though!