Zaino on a Peterbuilt

TexaSS

Ok so here is the deal...a lot of my friends work for a pretty nice guy. He owns his own company and brings in millions. He saw my truck after a few coats of zaino, and now he wants me to detail his peterbuilt truck with it. The only thing I'm not sure of is how much to charge him. I will probably put 2 coats of Z-5 and then 2 coats of Z-2.

Peterbuilt.jpg

the truck is similar to that

your going to need a lil bit, id sawy about 3- 4 ounces of each which is almost a whole bottle of zfx concentrate, depending if your good friends or your trying to make some money for your time, i would say at least $100 bucks, your going to need about 30-40 worth of zaino just to get it done!

your going to need a lil bit, id sawy about 3- 4 ounces of each which is almost a whole bottle of zfx concentrate, depending if your good friends or your trying to make some money for your time, i would say at least $100 bucks, your going to need about 30-40 worth of zaino just to get it done!

:eek: I think that is way to low, that biatch is going to take all day at least.

thats why i asked if he was good friedns or wanted to make some money , if he is good friends 100 bucks wouldnt be horrible but he would definatley owe ya one, for just anyoone i would say 250!

i would say at least $100 bucks

Chase... yer my hommie and all... but I wouldn't detail your truck with generic walmart wax for $100 let alone a freakin' big rig. :jester:

I'd suggest a minimum of $300 (and thats if hes a good friend) Places that professionally detail big rigs and motorhomes charge anywhere from $500-$750 for a multi coat paint treatment. Don't forget all the chrome and the endless up and down the ladder to get to everything... its an all day project to do it right.

I detail freinds cars and trucks for $100....i detailed a daycab Pete for a large local contracting/fabricating company a couple summers ago.....white...twin polished 50 gallon tanks..polished bumper...etc...and i told them no less than $500...i left w/ 500 and they bought all the supplies.....12 hours later tha is.......and that was only a daycab.....not a sleeper

Yeah a hundred dollars wont get a motorcycle detailed from someone who knows what there doing!I would go atleast 450-500 minimum for a full detail of a rig that size and also make him purchase the products needed to finish the job.My boss just had his tahoe detailed and ran him over 300 for a suv!Something of that size will take you a minimum of a full day imo it will prob be more like a 1- 1 1/2 days to complete from start to finish!

... Something of that size will take you a minimum of a full day imo it will prob be more like a 1- 1 1/2 days to complete from start to finish!

:withstupid: And that's AFTER it's been washed! I will also agree that in my estimation it would take a very long day to get four coats of Zaino on that rig; while it is curing you can polish the shiny parts. That's a lot of work, but on the flip-side $500 is a lot of money and I wouldn't turn down that job, $500/day is a pretty good wage. What would turn me off is having to WASH that truck, that's another whole day in itself before you even get to the Zaino IMO.

Mr. P.

That is what I was thinking when I read this topic ... how many threads have we seen that claim people doing the Zaino and taking them multiple days ... on a truck ...

Granted you could dedicate a whole weekend to the job and not worry about it.

Years ago I owned a detail shop. We had a detail on a semi just like that. Here is what you will probably need to do and a rough estimate on your cost:

Degreaser (Malco Red Thunder is great!!) 2 gallons, approx $25.00

If you don't own a pressure washer or have one readily available, expect to pay around $30.00 at the car wash to get all the bugs and road tar off the truck

1/2 gallon of chrome polish $20.00

Tire coat (Malco Blue Blazes) 1 gallon $15.00

Zaino kit $90.00

This is a rough estimate, but you'll probably need around $180.00 in chemicals and car wash cash once all is said and done.

Then you can expect around 14-16 hours for the detail work. We used to charge $225.00 for semis. That was for labor alone and back in 1995.

I would not be afraid to charge $450.00 for everything (including chemicals)

Just my $.02

Edited by EmergencyVP1 (see edit history)