Cobalt SS

JACBLKSS

Well I finally got rid of the 2001 Camaro SS, With the new Camaro out in a couple of years and value dropping, bought the wife a new 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged, oh my what a car, this car is a blast to drive, handles lke on rails, and when the boost kicks in bamm!! Other than the wheel hop on a hard stop (fixed by adding on an engine damper) it takes off with all and slolams better than a corvette (thats from Road and Track).. If any are looking for something fun to drive this is an american made blast

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i hear theyre a fun car.... One guy in town claims he can outrun a WRX STI in his but it is bone stock.... :dunno: he also claims to be able to get a stage 2 tune and pulley for it for $150!!! I'm thinkin hes full of it, because he wont even race my bone stock SSS :D we asked him if it was the Cobalt with the blower on it and he came back with this...

are you ready?

This is the honest to god truth......

He said "no its got a supercharger!" :lol: this dude was serious too....

wow i just went on and on there.... sorry, but i had to tell the story :D

The dealer that sold me my truck has a red one.....they called me when it got off the truck and asked if i wanted to check it out.....that car is a blast.....its a little pricey....not to bad....id love to have it as a daily....like he said...when it hits boost..it doesnt feel like a 4 banger anymore..

Edited by ChevyMan23 (see edit history)

I have had mine for one month today, 3465 miles on clock. I kept my SSS and it became my weekend fun driver while the Cobalt SS Supercharged is my business car, Fuel expense dropped to one half of what it was costing to drive my SSS 3000 miles per month (32mpg versus 15mpg).

Anyway, yeah it is a blast to drive and runs about the same as my SSS did before mods. I have the GM Stage 2 kit on order (retails for $750 not $150).

This fastest color question is still up in the air, GM rates the top speed of my Black Cobalt SS at 141 MPH....However, my Red SSS with Radix is quicker :D

post-1452-1147304851_thumb.jpg

post-1452-1147304889_thumb.jpg

post-1452-1147304922_thumb.jpg

post-1452-1147304958_thumb.jpg

post-1452-1147304993_thumb.jpg

post-1452-1147305064_thumb.jpg

post-1452-1147305093_thumb.jpg

...Been thinking of getting one. I test drove one and i liked the way it felt. Comfortable seats. What kind of performance is squeezed out of them with that stage II kit you guys are talking about? :confused:

I love the wheels on those too.....nice car

Thanks!!

...Been thinking of getting one.  I test drove one and i liked the way it felt.  Comfortable seats.  What kind of performance is squeezed out of them with that stage II kit you guys are talking about?   :confused:

The GM Stage 2 kit consists of 42lb injectors, shorter drive belt and smaller supercharger pulley and a GM reflash of PCM. GM rates it at 241 HP 218 FT/LB versus 205 HP 200 FT/LB with redline raised from 6500 to 7000

Edited by mcwarren (see edit history)

yeah i hear theyre a fun car.... One guy in town claims he can outrun a WRX STI in his but it is bone stock.... :dunno: he also claims to be able to get a stage 2 tune and pulley for it for $150!!! I'm thinkin hes full of it, because he wont even race my bone stock SSS :D we asked him if it was the Cobalt with the blower on it and he came back with this...

are you ready?

This is the honest to god truth......

He said "no its got a supercharger!" :lol: this dude was serious too....

wow i just went on and on there.... sorry, but i had to tell the story :D

I hesitated to reply to the above but, after gaining the wisdom of a 12-pack, here goes.

First of all, none of the following statement is intended to offend anyone, regardless of age, sex, ethnic background, religious belief, etc, etc, etc, and please remember that I love and respect everyone, and please be advised that, I love my Cobalt Supercharged SS almost as much as I love my Supercharged Silverado SS.

Having done my best at the age of 62 by purchasing one of these "tuner cars" to raise the average age of this particular automotive group, you must remember that the average "automotive age" of this "tuner car crowd" is somewhere between "diapers and training pants".

Edited by mcwarren (see edit history)