Cobalt SS

JACBLKSS

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We just sold one like that last week. We're going to be installing the level 2 upgrade kit on it next week. I'll try to get some results for ya'll to let you know if it's worth the dough or not.

We just sold one like that last week. We're going to be installing the level 2 upgrade kit on it next week. I'll try to get some results for ya'll to let you know if it's worth the dough or not.

Definately worth the dough from what ive heard on the cobaltss forums.

Keep us posted Zippy! Seems like you can just get the smaller pulley and belt somewhere else and do the tune yourself and save alot of $$$ if you have the software and tuning ability. :dunno:

Keep us posted Zippy!  Seems like you can just get the smaller pulley and belt somewhere else and do the tune yourself and save alot of $$$ if you have the software and tuning ability. :dunno:

I agree, it should be easy to do. They use 42lb hr injectors which appear to be the same as used in a radix kit and you could do your own programming through HPT or EFI Live (if they have Ecotec tuning???).

Keep us posted Zippy!  Seems like you can just get the smaller pulley and belt somewhere else and do the tune yourself and save alot of $$$ if you have the software and tuning ability. :dunno:

I agree, it should be easy to do. They use 42lb hr injectors which appear to be the same as used in a radix kit and you could do your own programming through HPT or EFI Live (if they have Ecotec tuning???).

HPT just released Ecotec support for the LSJ (supercharged 2.0L).....EFILive probably will not....with hindsight...I should have gone with HPT instead of EFILive for my SSS

Zippy, have you received the GM Stage 2 kit yet? I have had one on order since 4-18 with a SPAC case opened and nothing yet.

Edited by mcwarren (see edit history)

I have a spac case on one, another ordered through SEMAC, and one on the way that we bought outright from a dealer that had one in stock. There are a few dealers that have them in stock. In fact one dealer in CA has 3 of them in stock. We should be getting ours which I ordered from a dealer in South Carolina on Monday.

The Cobalt SS is a fine example of looks being more important than performance. The Srt-4 offers a bit more performance yet the Cobalt SS is much more appealing from a visual standpoint (when it loses the terrible wing) and to me, that's what counts. The second picture of the black SS resembles a 350Z depending on the angle you look at it. Color also plays a big role in what looks good. As it stands now, the black looks wonderful but I'll pass on the blue and the red.

How much is this stage 2 kit?  And does it keep the warranty?  If so, Im very proud of Chevy on this one....

whats there to be proud of? Toyota has been doing this with TRD and scion obviously now for a while. GM has to follow or play dead. :shakehead:

Its just a shame it took them this long. Think of the LS1 potential with a nice factory backing :D

I test drove an '05 SS Supercharged as soon as they hit showroom floors. Honestly wasn't too impressed. Not a bad ride overall, but I just can't go back to FWD. The wheel spin was rediculous, and that was on fresh motor mounts. Soon as the mounts break in, gonna be wheel hop like mad. Personally, I'm going to wait out the new Camaro.