New sub box for gm ex cab's

i see jl just came out with these sub boxes for late model gm ex cabs, i recently bought a montitor for my truck and i figured since im going to add aux inputs i might as well add a sub too, i plan on using the jl cleansweep with a smilar jl box like this(jl audio w6v2 10 box's), im wondering if i will need to amp my bose door speakers or not and is there an easy way to do this or am i going to need to run new wire for them. and i am hoping i can get just a single 10 box but i dont know yet(maybe a stereo shop guy can tell me) Joe?? anyone want to go halfs on a set?? :D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i see jl just came out with these sub boxes for late model gm ex cabs, i recently bought a montitor for my truck and i figured since im going to add aux inputs i might as well add a sub too, i plan on using the jl cleansweep with a smilar jl box like this(jl audio w6v2 10 box's), im wondering if i will need to amp my bose door speakers or not and is there an easy way to do this or am i going to need to run new wire for them. and i am hoping i can get just a single 10 box but i dont know yet(maybe a stereo shop guy can tell me) Joe?? anyone want to go halfs on a set?? :D

let me know how much, i might do it :)

im going to go down to the local pacific stereo, ive got a hook up down there and i need to buy the cleansweep and some door speakers for my beater im going to see if they sell them individually or how much i can get the set for, ill keep you guys posted, if anything ill buy both and then sell the other for exactly what i paid for it!

im wondering if i will need to amp my bose door speakers or not and is there an easy way to do this or am i going to need to run new wire for them.

i had my bose amp bi-passed, but that is only because it blew. Its not a hard thing to do, but im not quiite sure how they did it. But just leave it alone, it works just fine, no need to change it at all.

im wondering if i will need to amp my bose door speakers or not

I'm currently in the middle of installing everything I bought off Dylan and I was contemplating the same thing, whether or not I should amp the interior Bose speakers with that 4 channel amp. I ended up installing it and using the Bose speakers themselves. It sounds pretty damn good! I actually had the volume way up while I was checking something and I would have thought they would have blew, but to my surprise they didn't. :ughdance: I would say if you can or have an amp, do it. My interior speakers sound ALOT better with the 4 channel amp now. :thumbs:

and is there an easy way to do this or am i going to need to run new wire for them.

No need for new wire. All you have to do is tap into the current wire that is coming from the Bose amp and run it to the amp.

well i went down to the stereo shop today, they are not cheap i must say. they go for $1399 holy crap, he siad he would give me them for 1000 otd. so the sub itself max goees for about 300-360 so your paying about 150 for the box which isnt bad but isnt good either. i know you could make one for cheaeper than that.Anyone still interested? :D

well i went down to the stereo shop today, they are not cheap i must say. they go for $1399 holy crap, he siad he would give me them for 1000 otd. so the sub itself max goees for about 300-360 so your paying about 150 for the box which isnt bad but isnt good either. i know you could make one for cheaeper than that.Anyone still interested? :D

you get a chance to compare or hear it? im curious as to what it sounds like compared to the 2 10w3v2s i already have...

no , they are really new so none of the local dealers have them in stock, they will have more bass than the 10w3v2 and maybe a little more clarity . i just like the idea that they are ported so you will get more output from them , and they are built to exact specs so im sure they will sound really good! im more of a 12" guy myself but i have heard the w6v2's before and they sound very good. they now have the w3v3 also.

just ordered the new stealth box, part# SB-GM-SXT/10W6v2/DG2. i hope it matches my interior. I thought our interiors were called Graphite, but JL lists the 03 truck models to have dark charcoal. my local audio shop usually hooks me up, but he said the best price he could give me on these were $1000 plus tax. should be in next week.