New sub box for gm ex cab's

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im thinking about doing that for my next big mod....the thing is IF im ripping everything up then i might as well get better speakers....and IF i get better speakers i might as well get a bad ass head unit and so on and so on. what i really want from that is to make the truck a lock box (i.e. not hear road noise etc) ive heard it makes a huge difference as far as that, am i right? how much dynomat did you use, 100 sq ft?

Im thinking about doing that for my next big mod....the thing is IF im ripping everything up then i might as well get better speakers....and IF i get better speakers i might as well get a bad ass head unit and so on and so on. what i really want from that is to make the truck a lock box (i.e. not hear road noise etc) ive heard it makes a huge difference as far as that, am i right? how much dynomat did you use, 100 sq ft?

with doubling the rear doors and the some of the back wall i used about 70 sqft, i would say if you want no noise like how it kinda sounds like you want to do , then i would go with about 200 sqft and almost triple everything.

with doubling the rear doors and the some of the back wall i used about 70 sqft, i would say if you want no noise like how it kinda sounds like you want to do , then i would go with about 200 sqft and almost triple everything.

200sq ft :crazy: that will be kinda heavy huh.....

and expensive! :eek:

Edited by drako (see edit history)

i finally had time to stop at my local audio shop and pickup my new stealth boxes. I was able to talk my contact into taking $1k out the door, instead of paying $1K plus tax. so i saved a little bit there. anywho, here they are:

P1010092Medium.jpg

P1010091Medium.jpg

P1010090Medium.jpg

P1010089Medium.jpg

P1010088Medium.jpg

P1010087Medium.jpg

P1010086Medium.jpg

did you hook them up yet?? just cant see the pics at work so dont know...how they sound?

yeah, i hooked them up late last night and didn't want to piss my neighbors off so i didn't really get to test them out. so far they sound good, but i don't think they hit very hard. maybe i'm just used to the 12W7's?