Muffler ROAR!!

SCIV

go with corsa??

its what i got and im happy with it no drone

:withstupid: I know a few people who have Gibson's (including my brother on his RCSB 5.3,) and it is really quiet. Way TOO quiet for me. My brother want's louder too. The performance doesn't seem too bad with it though.

Your right, there is definitely a performance gain with a Gibson Performance Exhaust catback. The muffler is a straight-through core design for maximum flow. The Gibson systems are designed for maximum performance and a nice deep sound out the tailpipe, but are quieter in the cab than the rest. If you want straight through performance without a lot of in cab noise, go with Gibson. If you want lots of noise go with something else. I believe the topic starter was looking for a good flowing, quiet system though.

gibson1_superflow_175px.jpggibson2_superflow_175px.jpggibson3_superflow_175px.jpg

06VHO, you are right. I want maximum performance (IE straight through design I would guess) without the drone. I really don't care about the loudness outside. Well, let me clarify that...I don't want a fart-can sound. I think I will try moving the dumps, and if that doesn't work, I will probably bite the bullet & get a Corsa. Then the question would be Sport or Touring!!!!!

I have custom true dual exhaust and the name escapes me on the brand of mufflers flopro maybe I can't recall. But, it's loud as hell inside and out and I commute 60 miles or so roundtrip for work and college and I never get tired of hearing it. :D

I also have the VHO and my first exhaust was a magnflow, a dual 2.5 in 3 inch out with about a 14-16inch peice of pipe that dumped down. it brought it back about 8 inches before the axle. this thing was way to quiet for me, I could barely ever hear it and on the highway I couldn't even tell it was their until I got way up inthe rpm's. I think you ned to downsize some pipe or muffler inlet outlet. I would do what I did and add a x pipe before the muffler, into the muffler I had which internall y's out to a single exit, hell you could carry it out the side and look stock if you want. My personal opinion is these bigger mufflers give off more resonance(not always) but are quieter outside, the problem is finding one that fits you. mine was way to quiet for me. here it is, flipped it around dual in single out.

My magnaflow

Edited by cstchevy (see edit history)

I also have the VHO and my first exhaust was a magnflow, a dual 2.5 in 3 inch out with about a 14-16inch peice of pipe that dumped down.  it brought it back about 8 inches before the axle.  this thing was way to quiet for me, I could barely ever hear it and on the highway I couldn't even tell it was their until I got way up inthe rpm's.  I think you ned to downsize some pipe or muffler inlet outlet.  I would do what I did and add a x pipe before the muffler, into the muffler I had which internall y's out to a single exit, hell you could carry it out the side and look stock if you want.  My personal opinion is these bigger mufflers give off more resonance(not always) but are quieter outside, the problem is finding one that fits you.  mine was way to quiet for me.  here it is, flipped it around dual in single out.

My magnaflow

I am going to do my cam swap (from a TR224/224 to a GT2-3) before I make any more changes. I am not sure what the swap would do, but I sure don't want to do it twice!!

As loud as it is now, my neighbor came over to tell me his dog runs under the bed when I start it. He said he thought the dog thought it was thunder & scared him. I told him to get a new dog that wasn't such a :yellow_loser: .