Acetone in gasoline :confused:

oscareltemblo

Here is what it say's..... Acetone (CH3COCH3) is a product that can be purchased inexpensively in most locations around the world, such as in the common hardware, auto parts, or drug store. Added to the fuel tank in tiny amounts, acetone aids in the vaporization of the gasoline or diesel, increasing fuel efficiency, engine longevity, and performance -- as well as reducing hydrocarbon emissions.

Here's the link to the page http://pesn.com/2005/03/17/6900069_Acetone/

um....nail polish remover?

after reading it though it KINDA makes sense. although i would like all of our engineers/gear heads etc to step in....oh and does anybody wanna be a guinea pig??

Here is what it say's..... Acetone (CH3COCH3) is a product that can be purchased inexpensively in most locations around the world, such as in the common hardware, auto parts, or drug store.  Added to the fuel tank in tiny amounts, acetone aids in the vaporization of the gasoline or diesel, increasing fuel efficiency, engine longevity, and performance -- as well as reducing hydrocarbon emissions.

Here's the link to the page  http://pesn.com/2005/03/17/6900069_Acetone/

I don't know if anyone here watches Mythbusters on the discovery channel but they actually just tested this on the last episode. They found that adding Acetone to the fuel actually decreased the efficiency :dunno: . I won't be trying it.

I've used it in the past to raise octane levels to avoid running racing gas in my old vette ('70 vette, 420" stroker small block, 12.25:1 compression). Now a days they will look at you funny when you buy more than one can because it can be used to make meth. I think you may even have to sign for it now like you do for cold pills at the drug store...

Here is what it say's..... Acetone (CH3COCH3) is a product that can be purchased inexpensively in most locations around the world, such as in the common hardware, auto parts, or drug store.  Added to the fuel tank in tiny amounts, acetone aids in the vaporization of the gasoline or diesel, increasing fuel efficiency, engine longevity, and performance -- as well as reducing hydrocarbon emissions.

Here's the link to the page  http://pesn.com/2005/03/17/6900069_Acetone/

I don't know if anyone here watches Mythbusters on the discovery channel but they actually just tested this on the last episode. They found that adding Acetone to the fuel actually decreased the efficiency :dunno: . I won't be trying it.

:withstupid:

I've used it in the past to raise octane levels to avoid running racing gas in my old vette ('70 vette, 420" stroker small block, 12.25:1 compression). Now a days they will look at you funny when you buy more than one can because it can be used to make meth. I think you may even have to sign for it now like you do for cold pills at the drug store...

My bad, it was toulene that I used (and what's used to make meth) not acetone...

Archived