don't go to jiffy lube!

Holty

:crackup: I see five "Going Out Of Business" signs popping-up soon.

Seriously, why is Jiffy Lube not monitoring this at the corporate level? It would be so easy, they already know how many fuel filter service jobs (for example) have been purchased and it would not take much computer power to see that they are overstocked on filters that never got put into customer's cars. All the info is there for the corporate office to be able to quickly tell if they have a crooked franchise. :nonod:

Mr. P. :)

Some of the oldest tricks in the book...the good scam artists go the extra mile to clean off the parts they claim to replace to at least make them look new and/or serviced. Jiffy Lube sucks in the first place, whether they actually do the work or not. Stay away from any chain stores, no matter who they are. If you can't do it yourself, or don't have the time, lay out the extra coin and go to the dealer, or at the very least, find a good local independent who's been around for a long time and has a good rep and good references.

IMO, the only thing the chain franchises are good for is cheap tires with road-hazard warranties...as long as they have the most up to date equipment and use it. (Rim clamp machines, roadforce balancers, etc.) I'd still go back to the dealer to have the alignment done though.

I've worked on both sides of the fence....when I was younger, I had a few jobs at GoodYear and Firestone, and have had many years in a couple of different dealerships (mostly with Toyota, and now Lexus). Can't even compare them.

:crackup: I see five "Going Out Of Business" signs popping-up soon.

Seriously, why is Jiffy Lube not monitoring this at the corporate level?  It would be so easy, they already know how many fuel filter service jobs (for example) have been purchased and it would not take much computer power to see that they are overstocked on filters that never got put into customer's cars.  All the info is there for the corporate office to be able to quickly tell if they have a crooked franchise.  :nonod:

Mr. P. :)

It was probably a corperate idea or better yet from the district manager.

Several of the times I've seen it on T.V., I'd be willing to bet that the mechanic is just plain to lazy to do the work and not trying to go out and rip people off for money itself. I mean, if he's skimming money, he's skimming money and that needs to be dealt with separate from ripping off customers.

The problem is that Jiffy Lube is run like a franchise chain... the policy and procedure are not enforced at a corporate, regional, or even district level as far as I know. Just like you can hit one McDonalds and have good service in a clean location and 2 blocks away another with shitty service and crap on the floors. It all comes down to the franchisee and how they choose to run their location.