Someones butt hurt!

This is an e-mail I recieved today from McGaughys. I guess their feelings are hurt because they have competition now :lol:

TO JON  FROM MIKE MCGAUGHY/MCGAUGHYS SUSPENSION

5/16/06

I HAVE BEEN HEARING ALOT OF REPLIES ABOUT YOUR SLANDEROUS REMARKS TOWARDS MY PRODUCTS.YOU NEED TO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.

FIRST OF ALL IN 04 WHEN THE JF7 BRAKE PKG CAME OUT I HAD THE ONLY 4WD SPINDLE THERE WAS DJM & BELLTECH CLONED MY 2WD SPINDLE. 24 HRS AFTER THE FIRST CALL ABOUT THE BIG BRAKES WE HAD MODIFIED OUR CASTING TO ACCEPT THE BIG BRAKE BRKT. ALL IT IS IS A LOCATING

TAB THAT FITS INTO A DIMPLE IN THE CASTING. ALL THE INSTALLER HAD TO DO WAS GRIND DOWN THIS TAB AND IT WAS FINE. I ENGINEERED THIS SPINDLE IN 02 AND THE BIG BRAKES DIDNT COME OUT TILL SOME TIME LATER.

I HAVE TAKEN DJM & BELLTECH T0 FEDERAL COURT AND STOPPED THEM FROM MANUFACTURING THERE CLONE OF MY

PATENTED SPINDLE.

AS FAR AS YOUR STATEMENT THAT BELLTECHS 3RD TRY

AT MY SPINDLE IS BETTER IF YOU NEW ANYTHING ABOUT

SUSPENSION YOU WOULD ASK YOURSELF 3 QUESTIONS ABOUT THAT SPINDLE. #1 WHY MAKE IT 2" TALLER THAN THE STOCK SPINDLE WHICH ONLY CREATES EXSESIVE

CAMBER LEAN IN TURNS WHICH WEARS INSIDE AND OUTSIDE OF TIRES NOT TO MENTION BALL JOINT ANGLES OF UPPER BJ (BELL EVEN TELLS YOU YOU HAVE TO MODIFY

AND FLIP UPPER BJ)? #WHY MOVE THE STEERING ARM UP 1.25" CREATING BUMPSTEER. # WHY GIVE YOU A 1/4" THICK JAM NUT FOR THE LWR BJ? IT ONLY HAS 4 THREADS

HOW SAVE IS THIS?

AS FOR VIBRATIONS THAT YOU SS GUYS ARE HAVING MOST OF THOSE VIBRATIONS ARE COMING FROM THE FRONT DRIVE AXELS. YOU GUYS ARE GOING MORE THAN 2" ON THE FRONT END. IF THESE GUYS WOULD CRANK THE TORSIONS UP 4OR5 TURNS THEY WOULD SEE IT GO AWAY.

MYSELF AND MY ATTORNEES WILL BE WATCHING THIS

FORUM AND IF WE SEE ANYMORE SLANDEROUS STATEMENTS

FROM YOU I WILL SUE YOU WITH THE SAME ATTORNEES

WHO SUED DJM ONCE $ BELLTECH TWICE AND STOPPED BOTH OF THEM FROM CLONING MY SPINDLE.ASK EITHER COMPANY IF YOU THINK IM JOKING.

SIGNED MIKE MCGAUGHY

My reply

Have you ever heard of freedom of speech? First of all the little bump you are talking about is not all that was needed to be modified because I already knew about that. The problem I had with your spindle and the bigger brake package was that you guys had changed the distance from where the caliper mounts to where the hub itself mounts. Your spindles were off by about .070" from what the factory spindles where. This caused the caliper bracket to run into the rotor and at that point you were unable to tighten the caliper down the rest of the way because it still needed to go like another .050" to seat the caliper. I don't see how you get off telling people to mind their own business??? Especially when you state that Bell Techs spindles spindles are 2" taller. If this is the case then no they did not copy your "spectacular design". Bell Techs casting design isn't even close to being the same as yours, infact I lost turning radius when I installed your spindles. I did not lose any of that with Bell Techs spindles and my calipers sat straight and centered over my rotors. I don't really care if your upset because you no longer have a monopoly on the late model 1/2 ton pickups. GET OVER IT!

SIGNED JON

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, i didnt think they would come and actually see what the customers thought of their product, ill at least say good for them in ltaking interest in what the customer actually thinks.But i honeslt dont see how the vibration we are getting is coming from the front drive shaft. so he is saying that if we cranked are t bars up it would go away, if we did that we wouldnt be getting the 2" they advertised and we paid for. and it definatl would sit anywhere near the rear ends height.

I think he is just trying to scare you on the remarks thing. last i heard there was something called freedom of speech .

wow, i didnt think they would come and actually see what the customers thought of their product, ill at least say good for them in ltaking interest in what the customer actually thinks.But i honeslt dont see how the vibration we are getting is coming from the front drive shaft. so he is saying that if we cranked are t bars up it would go away, if we did that we wouldnt be getting the 2" they advertised and we paid for. and it definatl would sit anywhere near the rear ends height.

I think he is just trying to scare you on the remarks thing. last i heard there was something called freedom of speech .

Yeah he's full of it even those who have gone just 2" with the spindles have vibration issues and they are obviously from the rear.

Interesting that he seems to think that legal litigation will take care of everyone's problems with his product. I know who's spindles I am not buying. I wonder if he's reimbursing Steve for all his additional expense to get the rear axle fixed on his truck :dunno: . Oh wait... the front needs the torsion bars turned up :banghead:

Jon, keep at it :thumbs:

Interesting that he seems to think that legal litigation will take care of everyone's problems with his product. I know who's spindles I am not buying. I wonder if he's reimbursing Steve for all his additional expense to get the rear axle fixed on his truck  :dunno: . Oh wait... the front needs the torsion bars turned up  :banghead:

Jon, keep at it  :thumbs:

He can try and take legal action on those who "coppied" his "prized design" there is nothing he can do to people who talk about it I mean get real dude! You mean i'm gonna get sued from every auto maker who I have talked about because something has gone wrong and I stated facts? I still see the "others" selling these "coppied" spindles. His attorneys must have lied to him or something. :dunno:

yeah this sounds like a load of bullshit... Maybe he took the saying "If you don't have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all" literally. Come on, he's saying that if we talk bad about his products, he's gonna sue?! seriously.. what is the purpose of this forum? to exchange info on trucks is at least one of em, and if we dont share our experiences with certain products, then whats the point of having the forum in the first place? And i was so close to buying my drop kit too... wrong move mr. mcgaughy... wrong move...

[business law school coming out]

Slander is way different than talking bad or discussing a product / person. Back when I was in school ( graduated Dec 2000 ) I think I remember that slander had to be spoken ( oral ) and the statements must contain untruths ( lies ) which were harmful or detrimental to the character of that person.

Since you are just discussing the quality or fittment of a product ( not attacking his character or person ), hopefully in a truthful manner ... you have no need to worry.

[/business law school rant]

I'm sure this is no real big news flash to anyone ... but damn it ... I have to get something out of my 25k worth of college loans.

:D

[business law school coming out]

Slander is way different than talking bad or discussing a product / person.  Back when I was in school ( graduated Dec 2000 ) I think I remember that slander had to be spoken ( oral ) and the statements must contain untruths ( lies ) which were harmful or detrimental to the character of that person.

Since you are just discussing the quality or fittment of a product ( not attacking his character or person ), hopefully in a truthful manner ... you have no need to worry.

[/business law school rant]

I'm sure this is no real big news flash to anyone ... but damn it ... I have to get something out of my 25k worth of college loans.

:D

I'm not worried because I know there is nothing he can do and I have pictures to back up my claims he can try all he want's but he will then have to go after everyone who has spoken negative about his product. I just find it funny that he is so worried that he states that he will sue. Thats very childish IMO. Now you can see what kind of customer service you will recieve when you contact their company.

Jon what forum will he be watching you on?  Is it this one?  :crackup:  :crackup:  If it is I guess they will be emailing a few people who said their product sucked :crackup:

Yup i'd like to know if anyone else has recieved an e-mail from McGaughys??? If so please don't be afraid to post it!