Someones butt hurt!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[business law school coming out]

Slander is way different than talking bad or discussing a product / person.  Back when I was in school ( graduated Dec 2000 ) I think I remember that slander had to be spoken ( oral ) and the statements must contain untruths ( lies ) which were harmful or detrimental to the character of that person.

Since you are just discussing the quality or fittment of a product ( not attacking his character or person ), hopefully in a truthful manner ... you have no need to worry.

[/business law school rant]

I'm sure this is no real big news flash to anyone ... but damn it ... I have to get something out of my 25k worth of college loans.

:D

I'm not worried because I know there is nothing he can do and I have pictures to back up my claims he can try all he want's but he will then have to go after everyone who has spoken negative about his product. I just find it funny that he is so worried that he states that he will sue. Thats very childish IMO. Now you can see what kind of customer service you will recieve when you contact their company.

A class action lawsuit from his customers about his "save" product, might be in order. We do live in the only country in the world, where you can sue for anything.

Turnabout would be fairplay here or so it seems. Great publicity too.

I really get pissed off when I see somebody like McGaughy or anyone else, who wants to send the lawyers in, rather than resolve what is a real or perceived problem.

Just think they are hiding behind attorneys, because they do have an inferior product.

BTW a bit of info I remember while talking to Mike McGaughy over the phone about my spindles that did not fit. He told me "the reason the spindles do not fit is because they slightly change the distance between the hub mounting surface and the caliper mounting surface to make sure all aftermarket brakes fit" Ok now use a bit of logic guys! Lets think about this for a minute.... The aftermarket brake companies are going to design their brakes to fit the factory spindles correct? :confused: There for why wouldn't the aftermarket brakes fit if they were to keep the distance the same as the stock spindles?

I must say my 15" rotors and 6 piston calipers fit bitchin on my BellTech spindles which are cut to the same spec as the stock spindles.