the beast my arse

this is what GM calls the beast. suppose to be the strongest version of planetry gears for the 4l60e

look closely youll see the cracks and its stripped the spline out.

post-8166-1147940383_thumb.jpg

post-8166-1147940393_thumb.jpg

post-8166-1147940401_thumb.jpg

Is that an aftermarket planet? I've specfically read that aftermarket planets are weaker than the stock ones. In fact I have never seen aftermarket planets for sale on any of the the tranny parts sites I've been to. There is another part called the beast I think.

That looks like one of the aftermarket cheaper versions. Here's a picture of the GM unit which is a machined steel version and a cast iron version that I broke once before.

53676746.jpg

53029929.jpg

And a top view of the GM steel 65E part which you can see is different from your broken cast iron piece.

53676735.jpg

yea i have it wrong the beast is the sunshell but still this 5 gear planetary didnt hold very well

This time make sure they put a GM part back in there. The correct part number is 24227002. That one is a machined steel part and not a cast part. I haven't had one of the steel one's break.