New tires

tehoatim

I had a set of Yoko's once. They were great tires. That is, great for a very very short time. They were so soft that they didn't last long at all. One time I went around a corner really fast and it melted the tire straight down to the belts! :eek:

I had a set of prada's on one of my other cars, the layers peeled like a retread. Kind of weird. I think I would go with the BFG's myself. Let us know how you make out with them, maybe they fixed the issue from when I had mine.

I had Geolanders on my '99 4x4 Expedition, thought they were a great tire - fantastic in the Texas sleet, I mean great winter traction (light snow on heavy sleet). The only thing that about them is that the road noise got louder as they got a lot more mileage on them, but nothing unbearable at all. The only reason I did not by Yokohamas for the SS is because the available tires are really heavy compared to the Pirellis and I scored a set of Pirellis on eBay for the same price.

Mr. P. :)

45k miles on truck w/ orig. tires. Discount Tire Co. are really good people to deal with. If I don't like these tires, I should have no prob returning. Gettin a little concerned after reading these replies though. Tires won't be in till mid - end of week.

Archived