Killin other trucks

CaliChevyV8

There have been some hemi rams that have ran in the 14's stock, but it's not a common thing. There have also been just as many stock 5.3L RCSB 2wd's that have ran 14's. It's amazing that it takes the Dodge being a regular cab short box 2wd to run the same numbers as a stock AWD extended cab Chevy with the same HP rating. The same kind of deal with the R/T Dakota's. A handfull have ran 14's stock, but it's rare and uncommon. Almost all 2wd VHO's will run 14's stock as long as the driver is good and the track is somewhat prepped. The Hemi guys want nothing to do with the LQ9 trucks when mods come into play especially.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let them come to track and get theirs

Are you far from Milan Dragway in Michigan?

You have alot of mods, you aren't 'stock". Right?

I can line you up with a modded Dodge, it's all engine- NO power adders.

No nitrous

No blower

No turbo.

Just a Dodge engine. :crackup:

745964_50.gif

Go get him, Tiger!

:eek:

The same kind of deal with the R/T Dakota's. A handfull have ran 14's stock, but it's rare and uncommon.

I'm not sure it's THAT uncommon, is it?

I thought the SSS was claimed to be a low 15 second truck dead STOCK usually. Isn't it? Freaks have gone into the 14s, but not often at all. Somebody above posted I wasn't right about the SSS and the Dakota R/T being in the same ballpark stock.

Was I right, or are the two trucks not about the same 1/4 mile times when dead stock?

You guys are confusin me!!!!!!

:confused:

I'm not confusing you. The Dakota R/T does run around the same quarter mile time stock as the SSS. It's also rare to see one of the AWD versions go 14's stock.

Mark's truck is a bit out of anyone's league on here.

I'm not confusing you. The Dakota R/T does run around the same quarter mile time stock as the SSS. It's also rare to see one of the AWD versions go 14's stock.

YOU aren't confusing me, you're clarifying what I thought, I guess.....

I never understand how "some" post that certain trucks are slow, while their own is pretty quick, and yet the same times are run by both trucks on the average.

Doesn't matter the brand!!!

Or the guys with stock trucks who have to insist they can beat faster trucks, or that they "usually beat" faster trucks (depends on the driver, etc etc ;) )

I went through it all with the Xtreme guys on the Xtreme Delphi forum.

After a couple of years and a couple of meets the forum changed, everybody went "honest" on me, and some were even doing the "derogatory joking" about their own trucks- it was pretty funny.

A stock truck (or car for that matter) is pretty easy to pinpoint as to what is "USUALLY" faster than another, or pretty well "ballpark" with another, same basic times, same basic trap speeds, etc....

Some like to resist!!!

:crackup:

We had a guy on the Xtreme forum who insisted that with the addition of Corvette wheels he could easily outcorner a Corvette!

My diehard Chevy buddy was enjoying ripping the guy a new one every day, yet the kid would come back and make more and more claims... it was pretty funny.

I guess a car/truck is, IN MY OPINION, what it is. I am also of the opinion that those who think they are SOOOOPER fast should hit a track and post the slip, it takes out the bench racing to a degree.

Too many guys are too tightly wound up, their ego is part of their vehicle.

It SHOULD be fun.

:dunno:

:wtf: Are you going to be okay? :wtf:    :jester:

Whatchoo talkin 'bout Willis?

Aren't YOU the one with a "LED 7-color underbody kit" listed in your "mods"...?

:lol:

:dunno: What's wrong with a little bit of color. :D

and....

when i was young and dumb

Hey... no tossing out the easy lobs!!!!

:crackup:

At least you take abuse well!

I kinda like you....

pity.gif

....you're scaring me :confused:

....you're scaring me :confused:

I'm scaring YOU?!?!?

What about THIS?

av-8037.jpg

You aren't even human!

Here's my pic, fresh out of high school.....

post-5991-1148362548_thumb.jpg

awww, you posed pretty with that dog rawhide :devil:

post-8037-1148365389_thumb.jpg

This is me giving you evil eyes. :P

I never understand how "some" post that certain trucks are slow, while their own is pretty quick, and yet the same times are run by both trucks on the average.

I agree but full size 4x4 (awd) vs. mid size Dakota 2x4 is comparing apples to oranges.

Sorry I was rather enjoying the arguing and didn't want it to end yet. :jester:

Edited by WI_Dave (see edit history)

I agree but full size 4x4 (awd) vs. mid size 2x4 is comparing apples to oranges.

Sorry I was rather enjoying the arguing and didn't want it to end yet. :jester:

I still don't understand the 4x4 SSS clubcab vs 2wheel drive Hemi regular cab type comparisons either. Two trucks should be at least similar?

Or the Chrysler 300 SRT8/ Caddy CTVs/ GTO comparison, which in itself was weird because the Chrysler and the Caddy, both 4 door luxury oriented sedans, BEAT the GTO. Kinda weird results from a kinda weird comparison.

Don't you worry about the arguing, I just told MisterP he just LOST to a Dodge Cummins turbo diesel!

I'm keeping it on a roll, just for YOU!!!!!

A stock dakota RC R/T will run anywhere from a 14.9 -15.2 in the 1/4 mile bone stock. the EC versions run around a 15.5. They weigh alot less then an SSS and the 360 is a really good engine. And with a few mods R/T can be made rocket ships.

yes for pulling not for HP unless you really modify them. a few years ago i thought of getting one when i was young and dumb lol but did seraching adn seen how poor the intake setup was and that a 4.7 magnum walks the the R/T

There are 650 hp r/t's out there that run consistently deep in the 11's. Pulling my ass. They would rape any SS on this site.

A stock dakota RC R/T will run anywhere from a 14.9 -15.2 in the 1/4 mile bone stock. the EC versions run around a 15.5. They weigh alot less then an SSS and the 360 is a really good engine. And with a few mods R/T can be made rocket ships.

yes for pulling not for HP unless you really modify them. a few years ago i thought of getting one when i was young and dumb lol but did seraching adn seen how poor the intake setup was and that a 4.7 magnum walks the the R/T

There are 650 hp r/t's out there that run consistently deep in the 11's. Pulling my ass. They would rape any SS on this site.

Dave Downing's truck is impressive, I have a feeling he'll be 10s this year. Gorgeous truck too!

I wish BigBird would run his truck again, I know he went 10s and got the heave ho from tech officials...

What ever happened to ScottQ's truck? He was 630hp to the rear wheels BEFORE the nitrous, and that was with the "old" engine... will he ever resurface or what? I heard his truck is almost done....