Killin other trucks

CaliChevyV8

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like some people need to hit the strip and duke it out, engine to engine, mono y mono, one to one, vehicle to vehicle!  :crackup:

Let's see if Quik will line up against anything I can find for him at his local track....

He lives in Pennsylvania, and Barton's shop is in Pennsylvania, let's get the entertainment ROLLING!

:crackup:

I want it pinks style, minus all negotiations, and no hand drops.

You know...

Like "at the track"....

:lol:

heh- guess i missed the whole second page i got linked-

so its commonly agreed they run similar times in similar conditions with similar set-ups.... then the argument is, what?... whats the beef? another argument that comes down to styling?- i have more room than you, blah blah blah... i have awd and you have 2, blah blah blah.. ive heard the 4.7 is quicker, blah blah blah.

this is what i know, and this is why i have had my truck for 6 years, and will not be parting with it anytime soon:

i still get random people approaching me in parking lots, i still get these gawking stares by whoevers waiting at a light at an intersection im crossing, and i still sometimes get offers from people in the market at gas stations.... who cares if the pump behind me is reading $70, and the odometer reads 165 miles... not me. its a price i pay to enjoy what i love- rumbling through town, loping at a stoplight, knowing i am the current envy of whatever street im currently driving down.

i would assume that most of you here can attest to the same situations, and the same feelings i have about my own pride and joy, with your own. so again i ask- who cares?... cant we all just have what we like, and respect people who have something that they like, even if we would have done it a different way?

pete

no the R/T is a joke , you cant compare it to the SSS of which the weight isnt even close.

What do you mean "you can't compare" the two?

Are you saying Zippy's post at the top of this page is WRONG?

BOTH trucks run very high 14s to mid 15s.

If you are calling the R/T a "joke", then you also smear the SSSilverado with the same brush.

The weights are different, but look at the horsepower. The Dakota might be LIGHTER, but it only has 250ish horsepower.

Like YOUR truck.

:dunno:

under 2k and then you got almost 3k in weight

and my truck only has 250ish hp lol lol now youre showing your true intelligence

A stock dakota RC R/T will run anywhere from a 14.9 -15.2 in the 1/4 mile bone stock. the EC versions run around a 15.5. They weigh alot less then an SSS and the 360 is a really good engine. And with a few mods R/T can be made rocket ships.

yes for pulling not for HP unless you really modify them. a few years ago i thought of getting one when i was young and dumb lol but did seraching adn seen how poor the intake setup was and that a 4.7 magnum walks the the R/T

There are 650 hp r/t's out there that run consistently deep in the 11's. Pulling my ass. They would rape any SS on this site.

are you able to read or do you have poor dodge syndrone? really modified. stock they are garbage and get spanked by the 4.7s

I dunno what you are smokin, but an Auto RC 4.7 Dak will NOT spank an Auto 5.9 RC RT.... aint gonna happen. Sorry. The stick 4.7 RC's are pretty quick, and can take an RT stock for stock, but not with an auto.

BTW, light boltons, RC RT's run mid to low 13's consistantly. This is intake, headers/exh and PCM. Doesnt take much to knock 2 seconds off of a RC RT. And if you get a lil crazy, 11's arent even a sweat for some of us anymore... I ran a 12.02 @ 109 in my stock heads/cam RC RT with a 150 shot. In my RT CC with heads/cam Im running 11.50's @ 118... with some tire spin off the line. My wifes lil POS bolt on RC RT runs mid 13's all day on the motor.

Yeah, real pieces of shit... hahaha

Danno

uhoh- i see another storm coming lol

danno- wifes truck an RC?- im desperately reaching for the 13's on what i have... either somethings wrong, or i just need to break down and get a stall

pete

A stock dakota RC R/T will run anywhere from a 14.9 -15.2 in the 1/4 mile bone stock. the EC versions run around a 15.5. They weigh alot less then an SSS and the 360 is a really good engine. And with a few mods R/T can be made rocket ships.

yes for pulling not for HP unless you really modify them. a few years ago i thought of getting one when i was young and dumb lol but did seraching adn seen how poor the intake setup was and that a 4.7 magnum walks the the R/T

There are 650 hp r/t's out there that run consistently deep in the 11's. Pulling my ass. They would rape any SS on this site.

are you able to read or do you have poor dodge syndrone? really modified. stock they are garbage and get spanked by the 4.7s

I dunno what you are smokin, but an Auto RC 4.7 Dak will NOT spank an Auto 5.9 RC RT.... aint gonna happen. Sorry. The stick 4.7 RC's are pretty quick, and can take an RT stock for stock, but not with an auto.

BTW, light boltons, RC RT's run mid to low 13's consistantly. This is intake, headers/exh and PCM. Doesnt take much to knock 2 seconds off of a RC RT. And if you get a lil crazy, 11's arent even a sweat for some of us anymore... I ran a 12.02 @ 109 in my stock heads/cam RC RT with a 150 shot. In my RT CC with heads/cam Im running 11.50's @ 118... with some tire spin off the line. My wifes lil POS bolt on RC RT runs mid 13's all day on the motor.

Yeah, real pieces of shit... hahaha

Danno

tested years ago, go read up!! go see it at local drag strips

who has and xtreme?

Oh come on, NOBODY would do this kind of "Fast and Furious" job on a FULL SIZE TRUCK!!!!!

photo-8166.jpg

Is it the big 4.3 V6?

It's so cute, I want to get one for my daughter!

wheres the so called FNF shit on the truck? youre a funny fool

quik- from the moment you said "go read up" you sound like a dullard...

go see it at the local drag strip?.... which one? in your parallel universe where all facts are backwards?

pete