Help w/O2 sensor wires

dounome

Im hooking up a LM1 tomorrow and will be using it as a narrowband also. Well to do this I believe I have to route the analog wires to the O2 sensor Im taking out. Red analog wire to the sensor and bare wire to sensor ground. Just looking for a little insight to this process or point me in the right direction for the installation. Thanks

zippy, he is wanting to use his LM-1 WB 02 sensor to log WB data, and simulate a NB sensor so he dosn't have to add a new bung in his exhaust.

don't know if this is what your talking about, but you can check this link and it should give you ALL the answers you need. I know you are wiring a LM-1, but the LC-1 wires basically the exact same way.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2947

If you have the LM1 and are using it as a narrowband also please pm me. I have questions about the O2 sensor wiring colors. I have no idea what color on my anolog harness goes to what. Thanks

You've got big balls using narrowbands with FI...:jester: just put the truck in OL and take out your NB to insert the WB

Edited by MN C5 (see edit history)

Thanks Holty. I put the sensor into passenger side foward location. And yes I did this to avoid putting in a new bung. My problem is I have no idea what wire to tap into for sensor power and sensor ground, for the anolog 3 wire harness on the LM-1. I did check out that link and it only talks about the rear style connector which is shaped like a box, where the front connector's are shaped like a triangle. I have 2 black wires, 1 white, 1 blue. Can anyone tell what is what.

1. heater 12V

2. heater ground

3. sensor pwr

4. sensor ground

Thanks Holty. I put the sensor into passenger side foward location. And yes I did this to avoid putting in a new bung. My problem is I have no idea what wire to tap into for sensor power and sensor ground, for the anolog 3 wire harness on the LM-1.  I did check out that link and it only talks about the rear style connector which is shaped like a box, where the front connector's are shaped like a triangle. I have 2 black wires, 1 white, 1 blue. Can anyone tell what is what.

1. heater 12V

2. heater ground

3. sensor pwr

4. sensor ground

i want to help you, i really do as i know how frustrating it is to wire these things up. i just don't completely understand your question. Your LM-1 only has 3 wires? If you could explain a little more, i might be able to make some suggestions. :thumbs:

Holty thanks man. I did get it figured out today. I needed to know which of the 4 wires on the factory sensor was sensor signal and sensor ground. You need to hook up the red wire from the LM-1 anolog harness to the sensor signal and the bare wire to the sensor ground. I found out what was what. Just incase anyone else needs this info. Blue=sensor signal, White=sensor ground, 2 blacks= heater ground and power.

I have noticed that my sensor I replaced is real lazy now on the scanner. Someone said something about changing the voltage on LM-1 anolog tabs in the program? I have no idea what to change them to. Bank 1 is switching just as it was before the install and now bank 2 (WB sensor) switching slow.

Holty thanks man. I did get it figured out today. I needed to know which of the 4 wires on the factory sensor was sensor signal and sensor ground. You need to hook up the red wire from the LM-1 anolog harness to the sensor signal and the bare wire to the sensor ground.  I found out what was what. Just incase anyone else needs this info. Blue=sensor signal, White=sensor ground, 2 blacks= heater ground and power.

I have noticed that my sensor I replaced is real lazy now on the scanner. Someone said something about changing the voltage on LM-1 anolog tabs in the program? I have no idea what to change them to. Bank 1 is switching just as it was before the install and now bank 2 (WB sensor) switching slow.

cool, glad you got it figured out. i did know that the blue wire was the signal wire as that is where i tapped in my nb 02 gauge, but the other wires i didn't know which was which, good work!

i don't know what the LM-1 programmer looks like, but my LC-1 gives you 4 options:

immediate

1/12

1/6

1/3

i'm using 1/6th. hope this helps.