Mixing soap and wax??

So your saying this tip I got from professional detailers that work on six figure cars don't know what there talking about, and I should listen to some guy on the internet that I don't even know. :uhoh: I guess I will stop doing it so my 11 year old black BMW, 10 year old black show winning Impala SS and my black SSS look dull like everyone elses cars. :)

wax is old get some new stuff, zaino or an acrylic sealer, waxes are old tech. yea they sell wash wax that is one product but I am happy when I was my zaniod truck that when I was the water beads up still and with a simple spray of z-6 you are back to a nice shine and then you could add some more layers of Z-2...

read some of the threads about zanio or goto the detailers fourm and you will read about the shift away from older carnubia waxes

:chillpill:

So your saying this tip I got from professional detailers that work on six figure cars don't know what there talking about, and I should listen to some guy on the internet that I don't even know. :uhoh: I guess I will stop doing it so my 11 year old black BMW, 10 year old black show winning Impala SS and my black SSS look dull like everyone elses cars. :)

WHOA!! Easy there lil fella...

1) I owned and operated a detailing business for years servicing high end clientele and still do some on the side to this day. I've worked on everything from lambos/ferraris to hot rods with paintjobs worth $10k. I have contributed countless pieces of advice to anyone and everyone on this board who has asked for my help... I can promise you I have the same if not more knowledge on the topic than whoever details your cars plus you combined. So maybe check your source before questioning me or my input on a subject I obviously have more exerience in than you. :smash:

2) Diluting wax in a wash mixture has been done before... its not a new idea. The problems with it are that any (quality) CAR WASH SOAP is going to already have a compound in it intended to do the exact same thing, typically its a silicone or carnuba mixture. So this leads me to believe you are doing what most people do when they don't have a clue... using dish soap to wash their cars. If this is the case you are way off base... if its not then you're doing nothing to help/hinder your finish results. Its that or you're buying cheap shit car wash from Walmart or something and not getting the correct mixture of carnuba or silicone additives.

A problem typical with this process is that the user over does the amount of wax added to the soap and causes "globbing" where any excessive dust/dirt stands a chance of building up in the mit and causing more surface scratches.

This technique would also lead me to believe that your detailer and yourself are still using a carnuba based product... IMO not much for protection... and most would agree. While I will say a high quality carnuba is ideal for show vehicles its less than ideal for daily driven or even regularly driven vehicles due to its low melting/evap point and even lower UV protectioin qualities.

SO... in closing...

Thanks for trying... better luck next time. :seeya:

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)