Mixing soap and wax??

I mixed a little wax in my soap yesterday when i washed my truck and i didnt really see a difference in normal soap and soap with wax... :dunno:

CONCLUSION:

As far as I'm concerned its just a waste of wax... so i'm gonna throw the flag :icon_bs:

everytime haynss and dylan get at it all i can think about is bananna pancakes and terrified goth fat chicks

banana pancakes is good shit!!!! even jack johnson wrote about that....as for the goth and chicks.....i can see why dylan reminds you of that, if he just didnt cut his hair short...

Question here for anyone in the know...........................

So after the truck gets detailed, I've been told not to wash it with soap because it will take off whatever the hell was just put on.

WELL, WHAT THE HELL DO YOU USE TO WASH IT THEN?

My truck sits outside so when my truck gets dirty, it gets dirty, not dusty. I can't imagine using just water. Wouldn't that scratch the paint?

I've been dying to ask the experts this question for a while now!

Edited by r8rs4lf (see edit history)

So after the truck gets detailed, I've been told not to wash it with soap because it will take off whatever the hell was just put on.

My truck sits outside so when my truck gets dirty, it gets dirty, not dusty. I can't imagine using just water. Wouldn't that scratch the paint?

soap is definatley needed when going over it with a wash mit or whatever you use, it create lubrication . a good soap will not remove the wax. I use zaino and the soap works great, i ahve washed my truck at least 5 times since the last wax and the water stil beads off like the first day i waxed it.

Just don't use dishsoap. Dishsoap is designed to strip oils, greases, etc from your dishes... it does the same to wax... if you use a quality "car shampoo" you're fine. I suggest any of the name brand car-specific soaps... one isn't really any better than another IMO...

[

WHOA!! Easy there lil fella...

1) I owned and operated a detailing business for years servicing high end clientele and still do some on the side to this day. I've worked on everything from lambos/ferraris to hot rods with paintjobs worth $10k. I have contributed countless pieces of advice to anyone and everyone on this board who has asked for my help... I can promise you I have the same if not more knowledge on the topic than whoever details your cars plus you combined. So maybe check your source before questioning me or my input on a subject I obviously have more exerience in than you. :smash:

:crackup: That's a good one, never been called that one before.

Anyway's I'm sure you have plenty and years of experience with detailing. But like I said you don't personally know me, so you can not really say what I know about detailing. We appreciate your professionalism and expertise on the subject. And more power to you for for having more knowledge than someone 20 years older than you. I use to say remarks like that too when I was in my 20's, but now I am older and wiser and in my 40's and have come to learn to get to know someone first. Before I go and make judgement calls about there knowledge. And no one is ever too old to take on mentorship. And because of this wisdom, I now can go play all I want and pay people to do the things I don't want to do (Like detailing) so I can have more free time. :cheers:

[

WHOA!! Easy there lil fella...

1) I owned and operated a detailing business for years servicing high end clientele and still do some on the side to this day. I've worked on everything from lambos/ferraris to hot rods with paintjobs worth $10k. I have contributed countless pieces of advice to anyone and everyone on this board who has asked for my help... I can promise you I have the same if not more knowledge on the topic than whoever details your cars plus you combined. So maybe check your source before questioning me or my input on a subject I obviously have more exerience in than you. :smash:

:crackup: That's a good one, never been called that one before. 

Anyway's I'm sure you have plenty and years of experience with detailing.  But like I said you don't personally know me, so you can not really say what I know about detailing.  We appreciate your professionalism and expertise on the subject.  And more power to you for for having more knowledge than someone 20 years older than you.  I use to say remarks like that too when I was in my 20's, but now I am older and wiser and in my 40's and have come to learn to get to know someone first.  Before I go and make judgement calls about there knowledge.  And no one is ever too old to take on mentorship.  And because of this wisdom, I now can go play all I want and pay people to do the things I don't want to do (Like detailing) so I can have more free time.  :cheers:

:thumbs:

I use to say remarks like that too when I was in my 20's, but now I am older and wiser and in my 40's and have come to learn to get to know someone first.  Before I go and make judgement calls about there knowledge.

So your saying this tip I got from professional detailers that work on six figure cars don't know what there talking about, and I should listen to some guy on the internet that I don't even know.  :uhoh:

Looks to me like a situation where you should've listend to your own advice IMO. :dunno:

Anyways, no offense was meant... just that maybe your detail guy isn't up to snuff on some of the more recent practices and stuff about detailing. In everything theres going to be varying degrees of opinion on all techniques... but the wax in your wash meathod is pretty much thought of accross the board as a bad idea.

I use to say remarks like that too when I was in my 20's, but now I am older and wiser and in my 40's and have come to learn to get to know someone first.  Before I go and make judgement calls about there knowledge.

So your saying this tip I got from professional detailers that work on six figure cars don't know what there talking about, and I should listen to some guy on the internet that I don't even know.  :uhoh:

Looks to me like a situation where you should've listend to your own advice IMO. :dunno:

Anyways, no offense was meant... just that maybe your detail guy isn't up to snuff on some of the more recent practices and stuff about detailing. In everything theres going to be varying degrees of opinion on all techniques... but the wax in your wash meathod is pretty much thought of accross the board as a bad idea.

None taken :thumbs:

wax in your wash meathod is pretty much thought of accross the board as a bad idea.

Why is it that pouring soap into your oil pan after an oil change comes to mind?

:crackup:

You mean you don't use soap on all your gaskets and seals when you have an engine apart at Banks?? :jester: