Kenne Bell

A friend has a Kenne Bell on a mustang and it performs great. I was curious how many people here have the Kenne Bell on their SS, and what their thoughts are on instructions provided, ease of installation, if they've had any problems with the supercharger and how customer service is?

I sent them a email the other day asking about the intercooled version. They do not have any hp/tq numbers for it yet, but said it should be finished within 2 months. I like the radix also, but would like to learn more about the Kenne Bell.

If they could come up with a real intercooler system it could outperform the Radix. Less heat and better efficiency. Their major problem was lack of support for GM applications and crap for customer service. My buddy has been working on a 2.6L KB on a show Corvette and has been pulling his hair out because of the lack of R&D on KBs part so he has basically had to do all of it.

you see KB blowers all the time on L's as an upgrade from the standard roots. you can run crazy boost #'s with them. which also makes me wonder why you don't see them going on SSS. couldn't you use the intercooler setup from a radix???

I like the looks of the Kenne Bell compared to the Radix (I know, looks are'nt everything)

I have heard that customer service may be questionable, but I can't really comment on that, never had to deal with them.

i believe justinlmamna or something like that is using one and he has had some good # to go with it, he had to do a bit of work to get it there but he also did a fast intake and some custom fabbing of the waterpump, not sure if his is intercooled.

id like to see a 2.6 kit for our trucks but i doubt that happens anytime real soon!

I have been using the KB kit on my SS for 2.5 years and 20,000 miles. No problems. I have a custom tune. The Intercooled kit has been promised for 9 months now, so don't hold your breath.

If I was starting over right now I would go radix with a 2.9 pulley Intercooled. I am not disatified, but just want more.

CD

Edited by cadowns (see edit history)

I have been using the KB kit on my SS for 2.5 years and 30,000 miles. No problems. I have a custom tune. The Intercooled kit has been promised for 9 months now, so don't hold your breath.

If I was starting over right now I would go radix with a 2.9 pulley Intercooled. I am not disatified, but just want more.

CD

Great info...Do you think the power would be comperable to the Radix, if you had the intercooler? Have you had to deal with their customer service at all? How was the install...Sorry for all the questions...Just curious.

As for performance, just look around and read up on Justin Lamanna's truck. He is running a number of mods, and using the KB. Runs 12.2 as I remember. Not sure about an intercooler for him, just ask him.

The install is easy, and you get everything you need. The documentation is fine with lots of pictures. I would guess anyone can do it in a full day.

Customer service: That is another story. It could be a lot better. As with any other blower manafacture they will tell you not to get a custom tune, as it will void the warranty. I did have problems with the tune and went with custom on site tuning and picked up .3 .4 tens of a second, plus added the shift kit and servo. The later two being manatory IMHO.

I will be adding the Intercooler kit as soon as they get it ready, maybe next year....Ha ha.

CD

I have a KB s/c. The install was very easy and the instructions were right on. Customer support is a problem though, i know 1st hand. My truck ran a 13.9 with just the supercharger and a tune from Ed Wright (fastchips). I do not have an intercooler.

What are the goals your looking out of this supercharger? I suggest looking into the new 2.4 supercharger KB just came out with. They are running them on corvettes and they are putting 900hp down. If you want to buy mine I'm willing to sell it. I need a bigger one to reach the performance numbers I would like to accomplish. PM me with any questions.

Im really looking to get into the 400-450 rwhp range. I also need to be carefull as this is a everyday driver as well.

I guess it depends on reliability also. If this HP range is questionable for a everyday driver, than I may go another route and lower my expectations.

Wish I had the cash now, I would get ahold of you for the s/c.....Thanks for the info and the offer !!!

Jason

I have a KB s/c.  The install was very easy and the instructions were right on.  Customer support is a problem though, i know 1st hand.  My truck ran a 13.9 with just the supercharger and a tune from Ed Wright (fastchips).  I do not have an intercooler. 

What are the goals your looking out of this supercharger? I suggest looking into the new 2.4 supercharger KB just came out with.  They are running them on corvettes and they are putting 900hp down.  If you want to buy mine I'm willing to sell it.  I need a bigger one to reach the performance numbers I would like to accomplish.  PM me with any questions.

Im really looking to get into the 400-450 rwhp range. I also need to be carefull as this is a everyday driver as well.

I guess it depends on reliability also. If this HP range is questionable for a everyday driver, than I may go another route and lower my expectations.

Wish I had the cash now, I would get ahold of you for the s/c.....Thanks for the info and the offer !!!

Jason

There should be no problem for you to use it as your daily driver. Let me know if you have any more questions.

but said it should be finished within 2 months.

Don't hold your breath. That seems to be the standard response from KB on products that are not yet available no matter what state of development or cancelation they are in. Just ask the Hemi guys about the blower KB has been promising them for years. Always seems to be just a few more months away.... :icon_bs:

• 5 weeks later...

I have a Kenne Bell, it has been fine. They have been saying that there intercooler is coming soon forever now, so I gave up. I am doing a air to air setup. All the intercooler stuff should be in by the end of the week or beginning of next week. Ill post up some pics when I am done, it takes a little fabricating. I think with the A2A intercooler it will really be nice. I hope.... :driving:

• 3 weeks later...
DSC00469.jpg

DSC00464.jpgDSC00470.jpg

IAT's Cruise- 5-8 Above ambient

WO- About the same

If I sit in traffic they will creap up 20-25 degrees but as soon as I start moving they drop instantly

Looks great!!! How hard was it to make that set up? Did you get to the track yet to see if it helped out? Give all the info.