Radix installed

Spent the weekend putting this thing in with my dad. Just took it out and runs like crap. Hesitates at full throttle, and doesnt want to ship properly. I started out with the stock tune by superchips, and yes using a 3.0 pulley. I didnt expect it to run great but this sucked. So after a few miles of no change I took out the superchips tune and added the PCMforless tune. It did run a little better but still a bit of hesitation and the shift sucks. Its like the engine is winding up with all this power but its not putting it down to the wheels. I am lost. I read Justins thread about the KR readings. I am in the same problem area here?

Get some logs of the truck behaving like this. send it to your tuner and mention the problems you are noticing, that is what happened when i installed my blower. it may take a while and some trans parts but youll get it figured out!

Spent the weekend putting this thing in with my dad. Just took it out and runs like crap. Hesitates at full throttle, and doesnt want to ship properly. I started out with the stock tune by superchips, and yes using a 3.0 pulley. I didnt expect it to run great but this sucked. So after a few miles of no change I took out the superchips tune and added the PCMforless tune. It did run a little better but still a bit of hesitation and the shift sucks. Its like the engine is winding up with all this power but its not putting it down to the wheels. I am lost. I read Justins thread about the KR readings. I am in the same problem area here?

I feel your pain. Im in the same exact boat as you are. Did you notice with your superchips tune your truck didnt move for awhile off the line and then went. And when you'd start it, it would sputter a little and then idle fine. And now with my pcmforless i have rediculous KR. I need a dyno tune so badly. I think that is the only thing that will save us.

Yes. the start up is bad. Kind of sputters a bit before it goes. Actually continues to start a while. This whole thing really pisses me off. I dont have the software unfortunately for the logging. i am heading over to a shop to have them trouble shoot the thing in the morning. This sucks...

I'm willing to put money on both of your problems being that you're not going into PE mode until 90% throttle. That and you've probably got about 8-10* too much timing from 1600-2400rpms

First I am going to look up what PE mode is. Second, are you telling me that this is all a tuning issue perhaps? If thats the case then I am really surprised about the pcmforless tune I recieved. The last tune he did on my truck was great, granted it was radix-less. I know that a in perosn tune is the best route but if this is the "noraml" mail order radix tune then I might as well lef the truck stock.

First I am going to look up what PE mode is. Second, are you telling me that this is all a tuning issue perhaps? If thats the case then I am really surprised about the pcmforless tune I recieved. The last tune he did on my truck was great, granted it was radix-less. I know that a in perosn tune is the best route but if this is the "noraml" mail order radix tune then I might as well lef the truck stock.

:withstupid:

I would check your install. There have been quite a few instances for being down on power from the intake bolts that tighten the Radix down not being tight. Make at least 3 passes on the bolts - you'll be surprised how much they still need to go. Do it in the right order also.

Also, look into logging software. It's one of those things that "should" be purchased with a supercharger.

In my last thread I mentioned the charger runs terrible. Turns out the installer, yes me :dupe: , managed to mess up one of the o rings in the fuel pressure manifold. Ok thats out of the way. My intial fuel psi readings were around 10! However they then were getting knock retard readings at 15 :confused: This was with the tune brayn did for me. SO they are correcting this as I type. Hope to get the truck dialed in soon.

Yes I added the fuses. I picked up the truck from the shop and it seems to run fine. I completely agree with Benkey about getting some logging software, would have saved me some serious $$. Funny how when everyone asks about what else is needed to install a radix the only answers are tranny work related :dunno:

Yes I added the fuses. I picked up the truck from the shop and it seems to run fine. I completely agree with Benkey about getting some logging software, would have saved me some serious $$. Funny how when everyone asks about what else is needed to install a radix the only answers are tranny work related :dunno:

I regularly let people know they need logging software on here. Sorry if I didn't respond to one of your threads.

I think most don't think they need it, despite the evidence to the contrary. Or, think they can continue to buy other stuff and maybe get that last. Driving around with $5k on top of your motor without the tools to watch and see how it operates is like not caring about the $5k you just spent. Nothing against you. At least you realize it would be a good thing :thumbs:

What's your fuel pressure now?