Spotted a new Saleen mustang

Pretty sick lookin' car... sounded mean... I ran with him as best I could, but traffic and the fact hes got about a 35HP advantage on me made it difficult... Im sure he was stunned by the fact an SUV was keeping pace with him in his $50k mustang :D

Photo_050906_001.jpg

Photo_050906_002.jpg

Photo_050906_003.jpg

they have like 5 of those and 5 roush's sitting on the lot at the riverside auto center. some guy at the perris track runs some mid 7 in the 8th with the top of the line roush,

The Roush's are crap from what I hear... theres 3 levels with the Saleen.

The Extreme is 550hp

The Supercharged is 435hp (thats what this was)

and then the base is 350hp I think.

**EDIT: Heres the info -

Saleen S281 "3 valve" Coupe Base Price : $42,814 ~ 330hp/340tq

Saleen S281 "SuperCharged" Coupe Base Price : $51,691 ~ 435hp/425tq

Saleen S281 "Extreme" Coupe Base Price : not listed (but you can bet its high $) ~ 550hp/480tq

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)

Last year @ the state fair (August) the local Ford dealer had one on display. My wife and I toyed with getting one until I got in...My Solstice has more interior room then the s281 (with the top up).

Nice cars, just not for me. :driving:

I got to look at one at the local airstrip one day... It was in that dark met. blue... It had the "base" package as Dylan listed above.... I got to talk to the owner a little... He was in a wheel chair so the car was an A/T and he had it set up so he could drive it, but he was definantly a cool character. IMO i think its a sick looking car but doesn't look as good as the 03(ish) saleens....

I see at least one a day.. in fact I just saw one on the way back from lunch. They are ok. Id rather get a new Shelby mustang. Plus, a chick that works for a customer of mine used to work at Saleen in the warranty dept. She said there are pieces of crap, and they had to replace so many defective parts it was ridiculous. People coming in and complaining left and right.... even on the S7's! She said Tom Cruise even came in b!tching about his trim on his ceiling kept coming off... then tried to convert everyone to Scientology! (jk on that one :P )

I would have tried to race the Saleen I saw today in the wifes 350z... because my truck is still in a shop with Dylans broken-a$$ transmission (because someone got trigger happy on the tranny settings) Not pointing any fingers!! :banghead:

haha I get it back today though, so im happy. :jester:

I see at least one a day.. in fact I just saw one on the way back from lunch.  They are ok.  Id rather get a new Shelby mustang.  Plus, a chick that works for a customer of mine used to work at Saleen in the warranty dept.  She said there are pieces of crap, and they had to replace so many defective parts it was ridiculous.  People coming in and complaining left and right....  even on the S7's!  She said Tom Cruise even came in b!tching about his trim on his ceiling kept coming off... then tried to convert everyone to Scientology!  (jk on that one  :P )

I would have tried to race the Saleen I saw today in the wifes 350z... because my truck is still in a shop with Dylans broken-a$$ transmission (because someone got trigger happy on the tranny settings)  Not pointing any fingers!!  :banghead:

haha I get it back today though, so im happy.  :jester:

LOL if you only knew how it used to shift before you got it :crackup:

The Roush's are crap from what I hear... theres 3 levels with the Saleen.

What have you heard about the Roush Mustangs? Warranty issues? We're waiting until the SVT GT500 comes out before making our final decision between the Roush, the Saleen, or the SVT.

BTW, the Roush comes in Stage I, Stage II, or Stage III with about the same levels of trim and HP as the Saleens do...

I don't know about those HP ratings??????

I saw one on a Dyno 2 weeks ago - I think he only hit like 260-280!

Made alot of noise but had exhaust leeks (we all laughed) and his unit felt about 1 inch long after the Z28 behind him hit like 510 - the owner was complaining that the dyno was wrong until he saw that!!!!!

Most of the mustangs at the event didn't even break 300 hp!!!!

It was at a ford only tuner near me and bowties took the top ten dyno runs for the day!!!!!

I was just pissed my SS wasn't running that day!