HID's

Sum 1

I have an HID kit that was in another truck, just kicking around. So I plugged it in and the ballasts/bulbs lit up. Before fab'ing a bracket on the stock housings I'm wondering; has anyone else done an HID conversion to their stock Silverado housings and how the light pattern works?

why yes....yes we have

however mine is coated so it doesnt scatter

04chase and a few others have regular ones and they say its awesome and doesnt scatter or blind people "that much"

i have a kit without relfector on the bulbs and they work alot better than i thought they would the pattern is really good, alot better than stock or any after market bulb. i would do the kit again without hesitation.

Thanks guys,

So some of you are using the stock housing with the reflectors in but Chase, isn't?

And as far as blinding people "that much", does that mean you get flashed fairly often or rarely?

Sorry for beating on this one.

Thanks guys,

So some of you are using the stock housing with the reflectors in but Chase, isn't?

And as far as blinding people "that much", does that mean you get flashed fairly often or rarely?

Sorry for beating on this one.

there are two different type of bulbs in hid applications, one uses a reflector

(d2r type bulb ) and one doesent (d2s type bulb) there are different variations on th ebukbs but the ones i have dont use the reflector meaning they are just likea halogen bulb but with greater ouput. and im using the stock housings and the beam projects awesome. i have been considering going with projectos but there isnt any i really care for yet!

• 1 month later...

I put these headlight covers on:

Headlights.jpg

I like them, the only problem is I can't see S#$* at night. I don't want spend alot of money, just enough to get me some brighter lights! I had the cheap bulbs on my last truck and they burnt out after like a couple months, not sure what other ones to look into, I gues HID. Any suggestions? Thanks

I put these headlight covers on:

Headlights.jpg

I like them, the only problem is I can't see S#$* at night. I don't want spend alot of money, just enough to get me some brighter lights! I had the cheap bulbs on my last truck and they burnt out after like a couple months, not sure what other ones to look into, I gues HID. Any suggestions? Thanks

sylvanias are good for the money...but i dunno looks like you might have to high intensity...

for you....i guess go with 5000k more output however less "color"five k is almost white 6000k is basically pure with a bity of blue. 8000k is BLUE however it heats up nicely...i wouldnt go over 8000k the higher in number the less area you gonna cover so stay low on the kelvin scale. a good brand? philips. a cheaper one is mcculloch i have thier ballasts and they dont give me any problems i have had them since april. no issues with them a great mod.

oh yeah....good post digging

Edited by drako (see edit history)