Those Cummins boys just never learn

misterp

So there I was driving my morning commute, no real hurry and I'm being paced by a black EC Ram... :sigh: He makes an assertive lane change and eases around me (he's doing maybe 10-12 over) and just as his rear bumper goes by he stands on the turbo :yellow_loser::lol: There's no thick black smoke so I assume he's not modified at all.

We end-up staged at the last red-light in town, and I've decided that I'm not going to embarrass this guy. As the light turns I roll-out and the Dodge pops the clutch :rolleyes: but then quickly changes his mind and decides to hang back and pace the SS door-to-door through the intersection. I let him ease ahead to about 3/4 truck-length on me, we're only going about 30-35 mph (please please please take the bait), then sure enough I hear him really lay into the throttle, the Cummins is making all kinds of racket but laboring under a bad case of turbo lag - enough of this crap I think to myself, nail the throttle and the SS downshifts from 3rd to 1st gear, explodes off the blocks, and gives Mr. Dodge a 5-grand Corsa blast before that poor Cummins turbo was even halfway spooled-up. :crackup: Buuhhh-Bye Black Dodge. :yellow_loser:

Mr. P. :)

good kill P should have waitied for him to pass and gave him the  :dunno:  shoulder shrug!

Well, I kinda got carried away and before you know it was upshifting into 4th WOT :driving: Even after I turned into the parking lot I did not see the Dodge behind me, I had at least 3/4-mile on him...

good kill. I know if you didn't see any black smoke the truck probably was stock.

My new work truck is a 06 powerstoke with a superchips programer and it really hauls. I know as soon as the turbo spools its rolling good. but if its not in to boot its a little slow. If i spool up the turbo from a stop and go its scary how quick that truck moves off the line. the top end on diesels are amazing. a week and half ago i was driving from texas to nashville and i was on 40. i came across a tbss and we ran together for about a 100 miles then i wanted to see if he would run a high speed pull, from about 80-100+. sure enough we did and i am affraid to say i outpulled him.

Even after I turned into the parking lot I did not see the Dodge behind me

A-HA!!!!!!

Further proof to support my theory!!!!!!!!

Let's argue!

:lol:

My buddy has a big buck$$$$$ Duramaxx, it goes pretty good considering it's a lowered 4x4 club cab dually. Can't be too light..? ;)

good kill.  I know if you didn't see any black smoke the truck probably was stock. 

My new work truck is a 06 powerstoke with a superchips programer and it really hauls.  I know as soon as the turbo spools its rolling good. but if its not in to boot its a little slow.  If i spool up the turbo from a stop and go its scary how quick that truck moves off the line.  the top end on diesels are amazing. a week and half ago i was driving from texas to nashville and i was on 40.  i came across a tbss and we ran together for about a 100 miles then i wanted to see if he would run a high speed pull,  from about 80-100+.  sure enough we did and i am affraid to say i outpulled him.

Oh I'm not dissin' diesel power at all, I drove a new PowerStroke for a day this last Christmas, it was stock and you stomp on the throttle and wait about 1.5-secs for the power to finally come on but it is there. I just know that if the driver does not have that turbo already singing it's all over, I just drove in a way that used his own turbo lag against him.

Oh I'm not dissin' diesel power at all, I drove a new PowerStroke for a day this last Christmas, it was stock and you stomp on the throttle and wait about 1.5-secs for the power to finally come on but it is there.  I just know that if the driver does not have that turbo already singing it's all over, I just drove in a way that used his own turbo lag against him.

oh i didn't say you were. Alot of people just dont know how to drive :D

Even after I turned into the parking lot I did not see the Dodge behind me

A-HA!!!!!!

Further proof to support my theory!!!!!!!!

Let's argue!

:lol:

My buddy has a big buck$$$$$ Duramaxx, it goes pretty good considering it's a lowered 4x4 club cab dually. Can't be too light..? ;)

Oh yeah!? Well I beat a Viper by 20 lengths last night! I swear! :jester:

There's no way those things have 500hp, maybe 200hp :lol:

Archived