Good drivers

CaliChevyV8

i remember watching vids of parish launching his truck with 4wd first, then shifting to 2wd. it was amazing how that truck pulled off the line in 4wd.

also, how bout' those that are pcm tuned, does using the tow/haul mode make any difference?

-ejay

Thats a good question, I'm gettin my PCM from bryan in the mail tomorrow! I wonder if the tow/haul mode does change much?

yeah, my tune is from bryan at pcmforless and was wondering if his tune includes the tow/haul and if it changes the tune at all.

if i recall correctly the only difference under wide open throttle between the tow/haul mode and normal mode is the torque management. if memory is correct the tow/haul mode has more torque management than the normal mode. since tow/haul mode only effects transmission and torque management settings the actual power made is always the same. (except during torque managed points).

You can have it programmed for use of the tow/haul to be your on/off switch for performance shifting. If you didn't want the performance shifting all the time. I have never even tried it, but many on here that have tuned have said it can be done.

With the PCMforless tune you will just put it in drive and go. Brian usually sets up his tunes for performance mode to be in drive when under wot.

Do you spin when coming out of the hole in 2wd??