beltech stuff

04CHASE

i ordered the beltech shocks (pn# 10018 and 10572) front and rear nitro active shocks yesterday from dealer supply,1-800-649-7889 .I got a great deal on them and i would gladly buy beltech from them again. it was around 200 bucks for all 4 including tax (since i am also in ca) and like 10 bucks for shipping.The cool thing is i got them in one day i ordered at 3:00 pm yesterday and they arrived here at 12:30pm.I also got the bumpstops beardog recommended. they feel pretty soft .part # 4902. i only got one set, but im wondering if i can use them up front also, im pretty happy with how the front rides now so i may just leave them alone. i plan on installing them this weekend as long as the truck is running.I also got the beltech 6* shims to hopefully kill the vibration.

Advice, dont take the strap off the shock until you intend to install them it was a bitch trying to put it back on and i almost broke my finger.

DSC01447.jpg

DSC01448.jpg

Feedback to follow on these.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the shock straps - I coulda told you that haha

Accidentially snapped one off before installing shocks on my '96 Blazer a couple years ago. Like I said, was an accident, but one I'll be very careful not to repeat!

I have those same Bumpstops, they were included with my Belltech Leaf springs. Doing a great job with the 3" rear drop thus far.

Good luck with the install!

I finally completed the Belltech 2/2 drop kit 103BLT took 2 months though to get the good set of shocks but the are finally in place. I lightly snapped my finger as well!!! but all i can say is that they are alot better than the stockers! BTW thanks to Eric at Belltech for telling me i had the wrong set.

well its not going to happen this weekend, Vortech superchargers does not know how to ship a package, they have had my blower over a month(shipped it april 23) and they said it was going out on monday last week, now its tuesday next week. :banghead:

Those are the same stops that came with my Belltech springs. Pretty spongy, huh?

So what's the consensus, do we need to change the rear shocks when dropping 3" or not? There seems to be a split on this one. Or what about installing a pair of good old fashioned air shocks, in case I need to carry something heavy?

Those are the same stops that came with my Belltech springs.  Pretty spongy, huh?

So what's the consensus, do we need to change the rear shocks when dropping 3" or not?  There seems to be a split on this one.  Or what about installing a pair of good old fashioned air shocks, in case I need to carry something heavy?

i was also considering towing some stuff in the near future but i i do ill just add some helper air bags

well i woke up early today and got cracking, it sucked doing this though since it was 90 by 10 am. It did take a while because the front shocks suck to remove, i learned that using an impact on them is a good way to get the bolt off without having to use 2 wrench's. the backs wer easy . as were the bumpsstops. the shime were somewhat easy , they just took a while . i had first undo the leaf spring/ale mounts, then jack up the truck to separate the leaf from the mount,then get it high enough to remove the bolts. for the new long ass bolts they give you , you must cut them to the right length to go through the shim and the little perch hole where the stock bolts go on the mounts.

I have not driven it yet . i am waiting to finish up the tranny cooler install tommorrow.so im just leaving it on the lift for now.

on a side note today was the first time i had driven the SS in over a month. it did some weird stuff. like for the first 10 miles the gauge cluster read no fuel (light on) no oil press/ and the temp would all reset along with the security light and the battery light, it did this about 5-6 times for the first 2-3 miles then it stopped the rest of the trip .Any ideas??

here is some shots of the goodies installed

DSC03483.jpg

DSC03470.jpg

DSC03471.jpg

DSC03473.jpg

DSC03476.jpg

DSC03472.jpg

DSC03478.jpg

DSC03479.jpg

DSC03474.jpg

i should get to try them out tommorrow on the way home.

well finished up the tranny cooler install today, and i got to drive it home, i will say im pretty happy with the shocks so far, they definately seem to help handling , but they ride just as smooth as the stockers. i only drove about 7 miles on them but did get to around some nice curves and it was fun!

Looks good......sounds like I might be doing an upgrade in the future... :thumbs: ...I was just totally thrown off by the pic of your truck on the lift though.....I was like..."I wonder who that truck belongs to??" I've gotten so used to seeing the two-tone one in your sig, that I forgot yours is all black....... :crackup: